VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can someone advise as to what the correct settings of the 2 oil pressure switches should be for a 1.9TD ABL engine 1998 should be. When reviwing other posts there seems to be a wide range of oppinion and colurs. The colours are now misleading as they seem to be different from different manufacturers.

The Brooklands Owners Manual gives the values of 0.3 bar at the top and 0.9 bar at the bottom (filter housing). Using these values I have eliminated the red oil light and beeping. I want to make sure that I am not just hiding a problem by using the 0.9 bar at the bottom. It was fitted with a 1.8 bar at the bottom when I got the van 2 weeks ago and suffered the same light and buzzer problem others have already reported. Dropped it to a 1.4 bar and the problem was less frequent so now have put in the 0.9 as stated by the book and problem has gone.

Oil pressure test confirms 2 bar at 2000 rpm at the top port.

Anyone know what they should be?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi, my van is 2.5 tdi with a oil gauge fitted. starts from cold on tick over 70psi . when temp up to normal 30psi on tick over. when hot 2000 revs would be about 50psi. normal driving when hot anywhere between 50 and 75psi. oil gauge saves all the wondering what your oil pressure is. it does depend on what oil you are useing as well thicker oil will give higher oil pressure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ramon

Thats part of the problem in that I understand that they are different between 1.9TD and 2.5TDi. The 2.5 does apparntly run at higher pressure and uses a1.9 bar switch. I am just wondering if the previous owner has chucked the higher switch in and that is what has triggered the oil light and buzzer. The only reference in any book I can find is for the 0.9 bar in the Brooklands manual. We will be looking to fit a pressure gauge as well just to keep an eye on things.

Thanks for helping a newbie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts