VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bottom pulley bolt had worked lose and worn the keyway off so had thrown out all the timings. just started to rebuild. havent taken the head off yet will see if it turns over by hand with new pulley and bolt first, then i'll try to turn over on the key and see if it runs ok if not head off me thinks. anyone got any other points i should look at or do.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,968 Posts
Don't bother fitting the sprocket if there is any play at all bud, it needs to be tight or you will be wasting your time and money. If there is excessive play on the sprocket, get ready for a new crank, failling that it might be worth going for a tdi conversion. Good luck bud T:T:T:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
checked the crank and doesnt look like any wear in it. but cant find info on bolt tension for pulley.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had the same problem on mine, i had the sprocket and the pulley replaced and everything was fine! This is what the key on my sprocket looked like!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I know the one that goes into the crank need to be ****ing tight.. i didnt do it myself but I remember reading it on a thread on here once, search 't4 crank pulley/sprocket' or something along those lines on google and work through some threads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts