VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all after a bit of help with my cooling system on my 96 1.9td.

A while back i had a lot of work done after a timing belt slip, had a local garage do all the neccesary work new valves, tappets etc full cambelt kit and gaskets also a second hand diesel pump and had the head sent off and checked which was fine. Got the van back and noticed there was a lot of pressure in the header tank so took it back to them, they took the head back off re sent it away to be scanned which was fine got the van back and all seemed well.

Ive had it back a few weeks now and since the temp guage has started to rise above halfway if i go on motorway and dual cariagways at speeds of 65 and over, If i drive on A-roads at 50ish its fine and sits dead on halfway. The fans are cutting in as they should and its not lost a drop of water, i can also hear what sounds to be water circulating the engine when i stop and shut off the engine.

I guess the point im trying to make here is do people think this is a problem or not, my garage dont seem to think it is, ive extensivly searched all the similar threads and the views seem mixed, im paranoid about overheating it so find myself worried every time i drive it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers AlexT:

·
Registered
958 Posts
If you can still hear water running through the system - you may have an airlock
Try having the heater on when you are on the motorway or dual-carriageway - it may move the trapped air

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
They are not the easiest to get rid of all air in system.

There is a bleed valve low down under the radiator, which gets rid of the low down air as well as the one on the heater matrix pipe.

It took us nearly 2 weeks to get rid of ours after an engine rebuild.

·
Registered
40 Posts
mine is the same as that if you wait for a while you will hear aclick then it will stop asked a mate about this and he said it was because the water is pumped by another pump as you have water cooling around the oil filter aswell nothing to worry about aslong as you aint using much water or getting ti into your oil check fasn are cutting in and fuses arnt blown

1 - 6 of 6 Posts