VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have done some searches but only seen fuel gauge problems linked with the speedo. My problem is the fuel gauge randomly reads the right level, then nothing at all whenever it likes. It does not appear to be related to cornering i.e. the sender I beleive is working correctly.

My van is a 1998 1.9td with 37k on the clock. It has sat around for a long time with little use, so maybe its not used to having fuel in it!!

Any help appreciated :)

Gareth

·
Registered
82 Posts
hi did you sort your fuel gauge problem,,, mine has been fine but yesterday i treated it to 60 quids worth of fuel, normally its 40 at the most,, and the gauge showed just above 3 quarter of a tank , then started to drop to nothing then back up and down ,,, its never done it before ??????????? any ideas

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I have done some searches but only seen fuel gauge problems linked with the speedo. My problem is the fuel gauge randomly reads the right level, then nothing at all whenever it likes. It does not appear to be related to cornering i.e. the sender I beleive is working correctly.

My van is a 1998 1.9td with 37k on the clock. It has sat around for a long time with little use, so maybe its not used to having fuel in it!!

Any help appreciated :)

Gareth
hi gareth i was just wondering if you got to the bottom of this fuel gauge problem as iv exactly the same issue

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,269 Posts
Have a search in the Interior section.
Lots of info on dash panels.
Also, year and engine type.
Mine's a 2000 2.5TDi, and the fuel gauge does the same...but once a year!
Everytime the sun 1st shines, it happens.
Remove the panel, give the loom a good tug, and it's OK until next year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts