VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently got myself a 97 1.9td t4 and as most of u no its slugish i have read things about uping the fuel and winding the turbo up but i just dont feel confident in doing it, i was wondering if there is any one that could do it for me i live in holywell flintshire halfway between chester and rhyl i will sort you out beer money it woud be very much apreciated

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
i have recently got myself a 97 1.9td t4 and as most of u no its slugish i have read things about uping the fuel and winding the turbo up but i just dont feel confident in doing it, i was wondering if there is any one that could do it for me i live in holywell flintshire halfway between chester and rhyl i will sort you out beer money it woud be very much apreciated
Sorry I'm unable to help, I will however see what the North West lot advise. There is a Diesel Doctor in Oswestry, bit far for you I guess.

Guy

·
Registered
604 Posts
Dude give Paul at remap wizards a buzz (just Google it) will pop it bhp up to 98 from 68 and give u more fuel economy. Try this first and then see how it is. Of you start with diesel experts and mechanics it will cost u loads and may bigger ur turdo (expensive)

If u talk to Paul tell him I put u on to him

Gareth

http://www.remap-wizard.co.uk/

·
Registered
432 Posts
i have thought of this but always thought you couldnt do it with a 1.9 td... will defo give this guy a ring !

·
Registered
795 Posts
You cant remap a 1.9 td because it doesnt have an engine ecu to map:* If you go to the t4 engine and gearbox section at the top is a tech section go into that and there is a 1.9 td tuning how to and explains it all brilliantly.T:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Have you given it a good service ? Give that a go first !

Blank off the EGR... That quite an easy job, lots of how too's on here

I was putting 2 stroke mixed in with fuel, seem to run much better, also lots of threads regarding this.

Regarding the Turbo tweak, give Cacwn Tew a shout (v nice chap) even though he's from Caernarfon, he did his and reckons it was worth doing, he maybe able to give you some advice.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts