VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tdi has been running for a few month however I haven't put an intercooler on until now. I have two questions:

1 The intercooler inlet temp sensor, does this go after the intercooler or before? Does it measure the temp of the cooled air or the air to be cooled?

2. Am I supposed to connect the small diameter pipe from the ECU to the aluminium elbow that connects to the inlet manifold?

Thanks

Jase

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
My tdi has been running for a few month however I haven't put an intercooler on until now. I have two questions:

1 The intercooler inlet temp sensor, does this go after the intercooler or before? Does it measure the temp of the cooled air or the air to be cooled?

2. Am I supposed to connect the small diameter pipe from the ECU to the aluminium elbow that connects to the inlet manifold?

Thanks

Jase

1. After intercooler - get an intercooler sorted asap - these engines do not like to breathe hot, thin air T:

2. This is for the MAP sensor and yes it is supposed to be connected to the inlet manifold. If you do not have it connected at the moment then the motor will never run properly.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Penbryn. I've not driven the van yet, it's been waiting for paint. Just waiting for one more elbow to connect the IC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts