VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I hope its ok to post this here, I'm just trying to reach as many people as possible and I know you're such a kind bunch :)

I've just registered for next years Prudential Ride London-Surrey 100 mile cycle ride.

I'm raising money for the Guide Dogs charity who provide a fantastic service by enabling blind and partially sighted people to get out and about on their own.

Please sponsor me and help raise money for this worthy charity which strives to help young and old alike. Any donations, no matter how big or small, will be most gratefully received and will really help to motivate an unfit amateur cyclist through a gruelling ride.

Thank you :)

http://www.justgiving.com/matthew-weaver1

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To help me support this great cause, you can always sponsor me for just a pound by texting: DOGZ97£1 to 70070. And don’t forget to claim Gift Aid to increase your donation by 25%, at no extra cost to you.
Thank you
Matt

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Well done and good luck Matthew.

I support the guide dogs charity on the welsh side of things although I've yet to get off my butt to do any charitable work for them.

My mother has been blind for 42 years (she's now 67) and she has never had a guide dog because she always relied on my ole man to go out and do the shopping and everything else and the only time she did go out it was with him. But over the last few years it got less and less due to my ole mans poor health. He used to go to dialysis 3 days a week and she used to stay in the flat and would only go out if me or my sister to take her out but we both work so that wasnt that often. 2 months ago my father passed away and she has been out more since than when dad was alive.

Unfortunately I dont think she has the confidence to go out by herself with a dog and I dont think she will get a dog because of the time it takes to train the dog and for them to get used to each other so thankfully there has been a few lovely people from the likes of social services and sight cymru who have come round and taken my mother out to a singing club and knitting club.

Good luck with the ride and remember its not a race so take it easy and enjoy it! T:

Donation made. :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well done and good luck Matthew.

I support the guide dogs charity on the welsh side of things although I've yet to get off my butt to do any charitable work for them.

My mother has been blind for 42 years (she's now 67) and she has never had a guide dog because she always relied on my ole man to go out and do the shopping and everything else and the only time she did go out it was with him. But over the last few years it got less and less due to my ole mans poor health. He used to go to dialysis 3 days a week and she used to stay in the flat and would only go out if me or my sister to take her out but we both work so that wasnt that often. 2 months ago my father passed away and she has been out more since than when dad was alive.

Unfortunately I dont think she has the confidence to go out by herself with a dog and I dont think she will get a dog because of the time it takes to train the dog and for them to get used to each other so thankfully there has been a few lovely people from the likes of social services and sight cymru who have come round and taken my mother out to a singing club and knitting club.

Good luck with the ride and remember its not a race so take it easy and enjoy it! T:

Donation made. :)
Hi Novo

Thank you so much for the donation, it really means a lot T: I wanted to thank you earlier but we've been in Cornwall all for a few days and didn't have much of a signal.

Sorry to hear about your recent loss, I hope you and your family are ok, especially your Mum. Glad she's getting some support.

My Grans in a similar situation, she hasn't been able to see for a few years and my Grand father recently passed away, she's nearly 90 now so there's no chance she would get a dog.

One of my work colleagues who's riding with me has a young daughter who will need a guide dog soon. He's done a few events for Guide dogs over the years and has inspired me to do the same. Hopefully I'll raise plenty of money for them with the added bonus of getting fit :)

Really looking forward to the ride next year. I will definitely take your advice about taking it easy, I recently rode around Jersey, it was only 45 miles, I couldn't walk for 2 days after.

Anyway, Thanks again for the donation T:

Kind Regards

Matt Weaver

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi everyone

Hope you don't mind me bumping this post again. I'm trying to raise as much as possible for this charity, plus the extra support will help me to get my fat back in gear and start training for the event.

A massive thanks to all who have made donations so far and thanks in advance to any new contributors T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts