VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
If you want to put it through your head unit, then I'd say change it for a ipod controlling unit.

If you want a boom box style thing, I don't know if one is available with a ciggy lighter adapter. Maybe get one that is battery powered. That may have a car adapter as well :dunno:

Maybe one of these: http://www.firebox.com/product/2017/iPod-Boombox LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

Sorry - I'll get my coat...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah want to avoid changing the headunit right now, Just want something i can run of one of my 12v sockets in the back

Like the boombox idea though lol

Nick

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I have a Logic 3 i-station.

It works via 240v or AA batteries. Works fine but the volume output when on AA's is not that good. Recently tried a 12v multi plug type thing from Maplins to power from lighter socket, worked a treat - i - Station plays like it's plugged in at 240 socket, load enough not to **** others off.

Guy

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Hi.

I bought this from Maplins a few weeks ago. It is to power my laptop & works from the 12v ciggy lighter. As you can see from the write up, it has a variable voltage (which I tested & found that it was outputting below the stated voltage, but it still managed to charge my lappy) & also has a USB powered output. All for 15 quid!! result!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts