VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest a decent place to get some white LEDS to put in the ceiling.
I would probably use travel volts but he is out of stock until next week and I could do with getting them in this weekend.
I want round ones probably 4 or 6 they will be replacing the standard interior lights in the back.

Also if anyone could explain the difference between the various different types of leisure battery install, that would be great!
I think I would be fine with a separate hook-up cable (like the ones you get in go outdoors) as the leisure battery would mainly be used for interior lights and charging various devices.

Thanks in advance!!T:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
+1 for Ikea Dioders.

Watch out for current draw for deck lights - and associated heat. T:
I've just noticed that the Dioders are surface mount and not recessed, is this an issue, I know it doesn't look quite as nice?
I'd rather not be banging my head on them all the time.

Ta

JB

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi, we've got in a a small range of Swedish made LED lights in stock, most are independently switched, the others you need a separate switch. Been using them in my van for over a year now and they've been very reliable.

http://www.kiravans.co.uk/campervan...-12volt-electrics/campervan-parts-lights.html

The one below is brushed-steel edged and just fits into a 40mm diameter hole without screws, available in choice of 3 brightneses....

I've just had a delivery of some new versions which I'll try to get photographed next week and added to the site.

None require any transformers / regulators - these are all designed to operate of a 12v battery.

a few more more options for you anyway :)

Cheers
Rob
kiravans

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've got the Ikea dioders in mine and they run great. I put one of the voltage regulators off ebay on them, and also a £5 remote control dimmer - very good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts