VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just picked up my new work bus. 12 plate T28 84ps (not for long) in Silver, after coming from a 57 Plate 110 Transit

Ive been lurking on here for a while now in anticipation of the new van.

Need some help finding a 12v Switched live which i can tap of to wire my portable fridge from and radio cahrger in the rear of the van. Ive seen the constant live fuse under the seat box and also the bunch of wiring and relays.

Any info greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Safest place to take it from is the thick black/yellow on back of light switch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this wire switched with the ignition.

Is there no where in the seat box that I can tap into and add a inline fuse this would be easiest or me. I've yet to break out the testers for an in depth look.

This would be ideal if I could have a 12v socket that goes off with the ignition in this area.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
All the connections under the seat will be monitored circuits and would not tolerate an extra load. Easy enough to run a cable under the floor mat to the seat base. Follow the step line and enter seat base where seat belt wiring does.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
All the connections under the seat will be monitored circuits and would not tolerate an extra load. Easy enough to run a cable under the floor mat to the seat base. Follow the step line and enter seat base where seat belt wiring does.

·
Registered
301 Posts
open drivers door - clip out side panel of dash - ease of surround of switch

easy even fr me who is learning everythig as I go along

so impressed with Upspex posts and helpfullness - just wired split charge into the yellow black wires he mentioned here which he'd guided us to from other posts. very grateful - thanks Upspex

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Also, if you turn the switch half way between off and side lights and pull, the whole thing will come out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I've fitted a alpine radio in my 13 plate van and it doesn't seem to have a switched live in the original wiring :S any ideas where I can get it from?

Thanks Ed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts