VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
For the past week on cold start up i have felt a very very small rough idle.
Passengers cant even tell and after 30 secs or less it clears.
Havent got vagcom but will get it read soon.
Any ideas as it is very small and is not present after the start up.

thanks馃憤馃徏

Registered
How many miles has it done? Both mine are 140 bhp engines and I鈥檝e replaced the 2 sensors on the fuel rail, that normally does the trick. There鈥檚 a guy on fleabay who sells them for about 拢120 the pair. HTH

Registered
Normally first signs it will be a bit rattly from cold , then it'll start getting ever so slightly lumpy with it .
If you depress your clutch a little the rattle will get quieter or change in note .
How many miles are on it ? 110k+ and its fair game .

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Just clocked 90k cant here any rattle doesnt judder or anything as well.
Seems to be every other day and very minor i dont even think the rev counter moved.

Registered
Sounds less likely then (y) .
Did your pressure reg show a fault code Fenwick ?
If theyre not expensive maybe worth taking a punt ?

Premium Member
yeah I had a code, but i wouldn't be suprised if you don't see one YET as you say it's only minor.
it'll be P0165 reulation discrepancy if it is that, or P0087 rail pressure.
the sensors are either 拢90 or 拢330 depending on where you buy them from, I bought one on ebay and it was a dud (looked genuine, bosch, new in box) then go the 2n one from TPS.
plus they are a **** to change, not an easy DIY job, you'll need a full set of tools and to be half decent with them

this is of course speculation, untill it's scanned then it could be anything, you could be running out of fuel, the accellerator could be faulty, the DMF could be failing, etc. etc...

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Will get it looked at for codes first and take it from there.
Thanks for help and info as always guys馃憤馃徏

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Just finished work not issues again but if i depress the clutch i thing they may be a slight note change.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts