VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should i buy 17" and big tyres or 18" and low profile?....discuss

Love the way my t4 rides now...Don't want to change the suspension settings as I like the current ride, but want the van to look as "phat" as possible.

Which is a better option?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hi,

Should i buy 17" and big tyres or 18" and low profile?....discuss

Love the way my t4 rides now...Don't want to change the suspension settings as I like the current ride, but want the van to look as "phat" as possible.

Which is a better option?

Thanks
Mark
I'm having the same dilemma, although I haven't change my ride height and plus the Velle is still on 15" steels. I wana get some 18"s but not sure what style :confused::confused:

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have gone for some 17" with 225 50's on and the handling is much better and the ride as well.
Same as above ride is great with my 225 50 17's! Kinda wish I had held out for some 18's tho as you can see from the picture I just have common audi rims, but I think 17's still look alright and I quite like the chunky tyre look as opposed to really low profile tyres, think 17's are a good compromise between looks and comfort, but 18's do look damn good on a t4:ILU:

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Its personal choice at the end of the day, I have tried many sizes on mine, found you can still get a good profile on 17's with decent load rating and tyre wall.

But being the loads I carry and the condition of the roads/tracks I have to use, I have gone for the "phat" look with 15's (255x60x15)

Any excuse to post a pic eh ....

Still got my old 17's but knackered tyres now - as I say, no two people will like the same thing, so its up to you and the look your after ....

·
Registered
55 Posts
17" Autec E's on mine and they look great. Could have bought 18" but decided against it for cost and ride reasons.
Garf

·
Registered
345 Posts
18's arent that expensive when you start looking about ive payed more for euro 14" for my g40 than for my 18's for my van (both new) :ILU: keep hunting ;) i think it depends on drop useage etc

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have 18's on mine now, (18x8, with 235x40 tires)
and the ride on that is a lil bumpy on a bumpy road but fine for me, i think the extra inch makes a difference :clap. But i do love the small wheels, chunky tires look too T:

Henley

·
Registered
19 Posts
again its your choice dude as its in your own comfort zone, im running 18`s and slammed by 85mm but no weight, i ran my van on 18`s before dropping it but never had any other boots on the baby. i like the ride and hope the choice you make is one to feel good with. at the end of the day we all drive these lovely looking vans and i think no matter what you do. they all look sweet. just be glad to own one.:ILU:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Why? :bhd

I don't understand this fascination with going bigger when it comes to wheels.

17's do the job great, the ride is smooth with the cornering much improved, 18's might look marginally better but the sacrifice is nuts :confused:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Always had 18's. Ride height and ride quality spot on. Would love to take it a little lower (60mm drop on the rear, matched with the front). But don't want to lose the drivability as I do do miles in the dragon wagon on a weekly basis.

Personal choice and individual taste so do what you need to do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts