VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Could anyone help settle a dispute between me and my husband. I want 17's with bigger profile to make the ride smoother but my husband wants the bigger the better for the look. If he gives in and settles for 17's he says he wants AMG Merc wheels, will these fit?

·
Registered
306 Posts
im with you and go for 17s for the ride quality and yes mercs will fit no problems but you will need spigot rings off ebay for about a tenner.....................:ILU:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hello Mr and Mrs! Recon your hubby's probably right; 18s look better? However! I chose to run 17s for exactly the reason you pointed out - bigger profile, more air, smoother ride. I'm really pleased with the result. Lowered 40mm on Eibachs. Still stylish with a plush ride that doesn't require a pot hole radar. Not sure about the wheels you've highlighted but there'll be others who can help you there... Good luck.T:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
17's with a bigger profile will give you more comfort :)

18's will look better, but leave you open to a slightly harsher ride and POSSIBLE wheel damage :(

Merc rims will fit fine, just spigot rings needed (as previously mentioned) very cheap on ebay £7 or less

All this said, I run 18's and i love the look and ride, but it is all down to personal preference T::ILU:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Best of both worlds = 18's + slight oversized rubber: e.g 245x45x18. Ride comfort and best looks of all....simples!T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts