VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Looking at a set of Alloys for the Van. They are 18" x 9.5 ET45. Has anyone got any experience of fitting these and are there any issues? More concerned about the width of them for the front of the van as i know usually people stagger and go 8.5 at the front. Unfortunately this is not an option for the wheels i'm looking at:(
Cheers n Gone

·
Registered
79 Posts
Depends how low you are. Will probably rub on the inner arch on full lock. I run a 9x16 on the front with a 50 offset and it isn't to bad.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks, I'm not as low as you on the front, and my van is slightly higher on the front than the back. I've been on www.willtheyfit.com and with the tyres these wheels have it looks like I might be ok.
Anyone else with any experience of these wheels? Would be nice to know some first hand advice form you kind peopleT:
Cheers n Gone

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm running 235/40/19s on et 41 19x9.5s front and rear, I should have thought you would have been okay (just) on the front but you may kiss the chassis rail on the inner rear arches as my rims have only a few mm clearance I would go for a 235/45/18 tyre..... Really you could do with a friendly tyre fitter who would let you try a tyre on one wheel all around the van... I suppose the rears you could space out a mm or two..... You should be okay outer arch wise if your no lower than 60mm....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks for the info, much appreciated. Will look into it a little more before I commit myself.
Cheers n Gone

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
225/45 are only just a small amount of stretch on 9.5j I would certainly go 225 gives you option space back out a touch if needed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts