VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased in February this year and started work on it in may With the plan to do as much as I can myself

Started life as a 180 panel van with tailgate and body coloured bumpers. It had just come out of its 3 year lease when I snapped it up on autotrader. Great spec and an almost unbelievable price tag :ILU:

It had an easy life being used to chuck a surfboard in the back and commute to work and back.

Was job was to insulate and carpet.

Once that was done I then moved onto electrics. Should've done this first but I hadn't decided where everything was going yet

Once the weather had dryer up it was time for a machine polish, the van was covered in swirls and holograms from previous washes

Kitchen units

Made a rough template to work out sizes then made another good template to use the with the router.
All of this was a great learning curve as I hadn't used one before. Big thanks to mike at mi conversions for the advice And for providing me with the wood and trim

I decided on zebrano with contrasting aluminium reimo rail from cmc Kent.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
nice work mate , is that a vinyl wrap that you covered the wood with
j

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a very nice roof rack you have thereA:
Nice one baz! Really chuffed with it. Bit of a bugger to fit on my own but got there in the end with the help with some towels to prevent me scratching the roof up!

Got to find some teak slats to oil up and fix

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nice work bud, I've got a black van with the same seat and wood but the grain runs horizontally. Will keep a eye on this one as I am looking for ideas for the kick panel and rear of my seatT:

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Rib turned up yesterday, fcuk me its heavy. Getting fitted on the 18th!
Ordered in tasimo as I intend to upgrade the front seats to match :)

Been playing with the offcuts of wood I've got left to se what I could do with the back
Vans coming together very nicely , good job & keep the pics coming ? A:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Did you rope in a model to spice up the pics?! Good work, its amazing how a lowered van looks so much better

1 - 20 of 27 Posts