VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
thanks for the response guysA:
glad most prefer the smaller wheels, made me fee abit better ha ha.agreed regards poke etc, spacing the front by 10mm and the rear by 20mm when funds allow, maybe drop it another 20mm to:D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Question s..... What's happening to your 18s? Do they need a new home?
they sure do. 3 tyres are reasonable, 1 is completely ruined . come with shiny new bolts and vw bolt covers like you see on new sciroccos polos etc. bit of kerb damage as ud expect

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I know where you're coming from with the 18" thing. I upgraded to stiffer shocks and 18" wheels years ago so I've had a fair experience of cringing when I see potholes. Running 245/45 R18 tyres helped a bit, but the ride just isn't as comfortable as it should be imho.

After hitting a block in the road last week (instant folded alloy and blown tyre) I've decided it was time for a change in size.

I'm not sure there is a good size for hitting stone blocks at 50mph, but I've gone for 17"x8J wheels this time with 225/55 R17 tyres. The wheels are on order with T4sRUs, but I'll put up some pics next week (if they've arrived by then).

I was loving the whole 15" biggest tyre thread, but in the end settled for a compromise as I don't have a syncro after all. LOL:
id be interested to see 17s mate yeah, the best thing for blocks in the road and potholes is hover mode... standard on the newer vans probablyI:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
the ride is so much better to, and steering much lighter (which helps when your rack is done in) heres hoping the tyres last a while

21 - 24 of 24 Posts