VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this may have been done on the forum already but no amount of searching has got me the answer.

So, I have managed to get a set of these wheels at a bargain price T: They are easily within the wheel weight rating as from a Landrover Discovery 4.

The only thing now is to get them onto my van. I have a T5.1 140ps T28 SWB panel van. It isn't lowered yet but will have coilovers fitted in due course.

At the moment the tyres on there are 255/55/19 which are huge. Some people have recommended 245/45, others 245/40. some say 98 rating, others 100 rating. The prices between all of these is pretty big.

What size and load rating do I need?
Also, where is the best place to get a fitting kit (Bolts, spigot rings) and do I need spacers?

Please help!

P.S. I don't wear crocs, that was the bloke sellling em! :cool:

·
Registered
711 Posts
I am sure this may have been done on the forum already but no amount of searching has got me the answer.

So, I have managed to get a set of these wheels at a bargain price T: They are easily within the wheel weight rating as from a Landrover Discovery 4.

The only thing now is to get them onto my van. I have a T5.1 140ps T28 SWB panel van. It isn't lowered yet but will have coilovers fitted in due course.

At the moment the tyres on there are 255/55/19 which are huge. Some people have recommended 245/45, others 245/40. some say 98 rating, others 100 rating. The prices between all of these is pretty big.

What size and load rating do I need?
Also, where is the best place to get a fitting kit (Bolts, spigot rings) and do I need spacers?

Please help!

P.S. I don't wear crocs, that was the bloke sellling em! :cool:
I have 19" Range Rovers on mine. If you put 255/40R19 tyres on then you get the same rolling radius as standard wheels with no rubbing and no need for spacers. You will need spigot rings and new bolts, there are many kits available and I got mine from eBay if you just search land rover to transporter loads of options will come up in ready made kits. Don't go for a cheap and nasty knock off set though. Hope this helps

·
Registered
711 Posts
My advice is to ring around I managed to get new budget tyres with the correct load for only £85 a corner. Local places are usually better than chain places. Mine are 255/40r19 with 100xl tyres. No rubbing or scuffing.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got it down to £90 delivered online, well aware I will need to pay £25 postage at a tyre fitting place so going to make some calls. Nangkangs seem to be the best price vs quality.

Any idea how much your spigot rings etc cost you? Don't want to pay over the odds.

Cheers for the help. Turns out 255/40 19 100 are some of the cheaper 19" tyres too!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I got a complete kit with spigot rings, bolts, locking bolts and VW covers to replace the land rover badges for £90. Not had any dramas and they've been on form January.

·
Registered
711 Posts
How do you get on with those springs? Spoke to a few people that reckon they stiffen up the ride and bottom out on speed bumps? They doin ok?
Seems fine so far. It is harder than standard springs but that's expected. Nothing too severe

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've got it down to £90 delivered online, well aware I will need to pay £25 postage at a tyre fitting place so going to make some calls. Nangkangs seem to be the best price vs quality.

Any idea how much your spigot rings etc cost you? Don't want to pay over the odds.

Cheers for the help. Turns out 255/40 19 100 are some of the cheaper 19" tyres too!
I paid £95 for accelera 255 40 19 load rated fitted per corner from a chain tyre company called ETB. Gives correct reading on the speedo to according to the sat nav. T:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts