VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possible to squeeze it in and still have the swivel functionality? Any other options? I'd like to fit swivel plates to both the drivers seat and the double passenger, and would like to utilise the space under one of them...

Worst case scenario, I'll build it into the bottom of a kitchen/cooking unit just behind the drivers seat. It's a LWB T5, so not really squeezed for space, but I'd prefer it to be neat.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I would sack the drivers swivel and just have the double swivel, this is what I've done. Have read that drivers swivel needs handbrake mod to work. Travelvolts do a nice kit that fits under the driver's non swivel seat. I've also read that battery under double swivel is possible but have to use them heavy duty battery connection terminals like you find on fork lift batteries.

I went the easy route in the end and left the drivers seat as was and fitted a travelvolts kit and this of course left me with the luggage space under double seat to utilise..

Good luck whichever way you choose.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Which kit did you buy PNE?
I just gave travelvolts a call and had a conversation about what I wanted and he put a kit together that included leisure battery, 240v consumer unit with the right RCD switches, good quality split charger, 240v leisure battery charger and all the cables (battery cables put together for you numbered with right connectors and length). Also a comprehensive set of instructions with pictures. Everything you need really, I didn't have to go anywhere else to buy things not included.

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,759 Posts
I've got a 190mm battery under a Kiravans (Rib) swivel no problem, passenger side (single seat) admittedly but I can't see the drivers side being any different.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just changed the factory fit 190mm high battery under the passenger seat to a 175 high version so that I could fit the RIB swivel.
Afaik you need the spacers under the swivel if you want to fit a RIB to the drivers side ( to clear the handbrake), and this would then give you clearance for the 190mm battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts