VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Much reluctant sale of our Ruby, she's a 1973 1303 and has been amazingly reliable. Failed the MOT on a number of minor things, headlight aim etc, but the main thing is the dreaded tinworm.

Would make a great summer project for anyone that has welding facilities. Most of teh work has been done there are just some awkward places to get at that need sorting.

Brakes were relined last summer with new cylinders all round.

The Mrs will be very sad to see her go.

Engine valued at £300 so I'm only asking £500 which is what I could get easily in spares.

Would love to see her go to someone that will get her back on the road and with that in mind the price could be negotiable.

Many more pictures in a album on my profile. Let me know if you need me to send them to email.

[email protected] / 07909835543

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
Sunday morning bump because beetles are very special, good luck with the sale and hope you do find a good home for her :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
I bought one of these last week for triple that!

Bargain at twice the price, or three times... Haha!

Good luck with the sale dude, although I don't think you'll need luck, stick on ebay it'll be gone in minutes!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
no i love it! just worried bout the tin worm eating away at its structure... but i dont know a lot about it so might not be sucha big problem... i do love it though!! like the wheels too!

·
Registered
737 Posts
whats wrong with it as it is...........T:

apart from a narrowed beam and slammed on its ass that bug is done in my eyes...T:
apart from its a macpherson strut beetle, no front beam on this bad boy.

surprised its still there at the price....

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi all, thanks for the positive comments, and apologies for not getting back sooner as I have been on holiday. She is priced to sell as I need the space, she needs a couple of weekends work to get back on the road in my opinion. The Mrs will be very sad to see her go, so good home is a pre-condition of sale.

Will be responding to PM's now...

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hiya, sorry have not looked at this thread for a while..

Still for sale, and don't know why. :*

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Mate, could you PM me the reg number and either the reference number off the V5, or the serial number form the last MOT.

Nothing dodgy, I'd just like to look at the last MOT fail sheet before I commit myself to a long journey to Plymouth...

(and if course I have to convince the wifeyI:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts