VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: 1989 F T25 1.9TD (AAZ) Day Van *WITH PICS*

*******PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION*******

1989 'F' T25 (T3) 1.9TD (AAZ) day van (tin-top)

123,000 on the clock.
MOT 20-01-2013
Passed MOT with no issues or advisories.
NO TAX - SORN

This is a straight tin top in with sound body work... I believe there are one or two spots of bubbling under the paint, not broken through or rusting, all the usual places have been replaced. The entire underbody has had multiple waxy oil treatments and again is sound.

This has been lovingly cared for as a converted panel van and day camper. It has a home brew interior, lots of storage space and a 3/4 fold down seat / bed.

It has a separate cooking unit, which also acts as a buddy seat.

3 seatbelts up front, fully insulated and carpeted out, it has a sunroof installed, which does not leak.

Full length custom made roof rack, colour coded to the van.

This used to be a 1700 non turbo diesel van, but unfortunately it suffered a cam belt failure due to the top cam bolt coming loose and jamming, subsequently snapping the belt.

As a result it has been fitted with a 1.9TD unit from a 1998 VW Golf (the AAZ conversion for those who know it). All the necessary conversion parts came from our friends at Brickwerks. The new engine was stripped and fitted with brand new oil seals, rocker gasket, cam belt, water pump, glow plugs and drive belts. I had a custom made oil return pipe made up by a local hose and hydraulics company in stainless steel hose. It has a custom made exhaust designed specifically for the AAZ conversion, using custom mounts. There was no requirement to alter / modify the engine mounts so these are original.

I have lots of previous receipts and information for the van from previous owners, including plenty of work by Just Kampers.

It has just had new headlights fitted and adjusted, new handbrake front and rear cables.

Recent new brake pads and shoes, all brand new tyres, including spare.

I had a custom made frost protector which fits over the top of the front doors and windows. I also have a just kampers breathable full size cover, which is always on the van when not in use.

I am selling the van because my family no longer fits in it, so with another baby to think of, I am having to go a little more modern as the isofix bases simply will not fit in the T25.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.... Vehicle is located NN17 for info....

**NOW THE PROBLEM** - this was put up for sale earlier this year and a sale agreed - I sent it for a full service prior to the buying coming for it. When it was going through the service the mechanic I use found a slight leak on 1 cylinder. As a result the head was all stripped off, skimmed and prepared to put back together.

Most of this work has been done, but the mechanic I use is unfortunately no longer with us, and the last 2 months my health has taken a bit of a turn which means that I do not have the ability nor the time to put the van back together. Every single piece needed is with the van and ready to go back together, the engine is all ready and timed waiting for the head to simply be bolted back on, rocker cover on and get it all the fluids back into it.

This would take no more than 3 hours for a competent DIY person and less time for a mechanic, but in simple terms I am offering it out to you guys at a reduced price, if no one is interested I will find someone else locally to put it back together and stick it back up at the original price

For information - this van was on an agreed sale of £2150 before I got it stripped down again, obviously I am not looking for this amount as you can't just drive away, but I am open to offers, please don't hold back, this needs to go fairly soon so please get in touch.

Offers around the £1500 will be considered bearing in mind the above price that was agreed, for someone with some time you could sell this straight on once you have bolted it all back together.

I may be able to arrange a local delivery or there is a chap near me with a recovery truck if you can't arrange one yourself.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*******PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION*******

1989 'F' T25 (T3) 1.9TD (AAZ) day van (tin-top)

123,000 on the clock.
MOT 20-01-2013
Passed MOT with no issues or advisories.
NO TAX - SORN

This is a straight tin top in with sound body work... I believe there are one or two spots of bubbling under the paint, not broken through or rusting, all the usual places have been replaced. The entire underbody has had multiple waxy oil treatments and again is sound.

This has been lovingly cared for as a converted panel van and day camper. It has a home brew interior, lots of storage space and a 3/4 fold down seat / bed.

It has a separate cooking unit, which also acts as a buddy seat.

3 seatbelts up front, fully insulated and carpeted out, it has a sunroof installed, which does not leak.

Full length custom made roof rack, colour coded to the van.

This used to be a 1700 non turbo diesel van, but unfortunately it suffered a cam belt failure due to the top cam bolt coming loose and jamming, subsequently snapping the belt.

As a result it has been fitted with a 1.9TD unit from a 1998 VW Golf (the AAZ conversion for those who know it). All the necessary conversion parts came from our friends at Brickwerks. The new engine was stripped and fitted with brand new oil seals, rocker gasket, cam belt, water pump, glow plugs and drive belts. I had a custom made oil return pipe made up by a local hose and hydraulics company in stainless steel hose. It has a custom made exhaust designed specifically for the AAZ conversion, using custom mounts. There was no requirement to alter / modify the engine mounts so these are original.

I have lots of previous receipts and information for the van from previous owners, including plenty of work by Just Kampers.

It has just had new headlights fitted and adjusted, new handbrake front and rear cables.

Recent new brake pads and shoes, all brand new tyres, including spare.

I had a custom made frost protector which fits over the top of the front doors and windows. I also have a just kampers breathable full size cover, which is always on the van when not in use.

I am selling the van because my family no longer fits in it, so with another baby to think of, I own a T5 Shuttle........

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.... Vehicle is located NN17 for info....

**NOW THE PROBLEM** - this was put up for sale earlier this year and a sale agreed - I sent it for a full service prior to the buying coming for it. When it was going through the service the mechanic I use found a slight leak on 1 cylinder. As a result the head was all stripped off, skimmed and prepared to put back together.

Most of this work has been done, but the mechanic I use is unfortunately no longer with us, and the last 2 months my health has taken a bit of a turn which means that I do not have the ability nor the time to put the van back together. Every single piece needed is with the van and ready to go back together, the engine is all ready and timed waiting for the head to simply be bolted back on, rocker cover on and get it all the fluids back into it.

This would take no more than 3 hours for a competent DIY person and less time for a mechanic, but in simple terms I am offering it out to you guys at a reduced price, if no one is interested I will find someone else locally to put it back together and stick it back up at the original price

For information - this van was on an agreed sale of £2150 before I got it stripped down again, obviously I am not looking for this amount as you can't just drive away, but I am open to offers, please don't hold back, this needs to go fairly soon so please get in touch.

Offers around the £1500 will be considered bearing in mind the above price that was agreed, for someone with some time you could sell this straight on once you have bolted it all back together.

I may be able to arrange a local delivery or there is a chap near me with a recovery truck if you can't arrange one yourself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts