VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I live in Ohrid Macedonia and am looking to buy a 1993 2.4D what looks to be a multivan with a popup roof and AC. I am not sure of the exact model and the grandson of the owner, with whom I spoke on the phone, is not sure.

http://reklama5.mk/AdDetails?ad=1108676

This is what i know:
The van has 320,000KM.
Originally purchased in Switzerland in 2002.
Driven buy an older person and used for local transportation.
Serviced regularly - but have to take that with a grain of salt. No service book and chances are serviced by a local mechanic.
No major problems.
Starts and runs good.
Body and Interior look excellent. Never painted. Only minor touch ups.
Presently asking 3,500 Euro for it.

The van is located about 200KM from where I live and I have not yet seen it in person. I was hoping I can get some advice on what to look for when I go see it and about the price. I have never owned a VW and the little I know I have learned from the web.

I would also like to know if I am asking for trouble. Mechanics here are relatively inexpensive. Parts are available and at about the same price as in rest of Europe.

Thank You

PS Not many choices here. My other option would be to purchase one outside of the country. This would cost me 1,200 EUR to import + cost of going there and transportation. Total cost could easily reach 2,000 Eur. I would have to find one for about 1,500 EUR to match this price.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
She looks like a beauty for that price, sleep pack, pop top.

Will be a great vehicle!

Obviously check timing belt last change, but this can be done also for not a lot.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your input. It is very much appreciated. I will be in the area on Friday and will take a look at it and take it for a ride. Will return with a mechanic if she looks good a day or two later.

Will keep you posted :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts