VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
after some help I have the chance to buy one of these but would love some advice if they are any good/reliable etc. it has about 120000 on clock looks ok and had a bit of work done. just after general advice etc
thanks all
dave

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'd take a look at the posts in the engine section mate as that will give you an idea of how reliable they are.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
hi
after some help I have the chance to buy one of these but would love some advice if they are any good/reliable etc. it has about 120000 on clock looks ok and had a bit of work done. just after general advice etc
thanks all
dave
Check out t4life facebook page the girl that works for Toby (Lauren) is selling a T4 if you are in the market for a new van T:

·
Registered
591 Posts
The 1.9d is a basic lump and derided by many but it's cheep to run parts wise and always gave me mid 40's mpg. it will have issues going up steep hills but change down early and it will tackle anything. I had a 1.9 for 3 years and certainly not fast out of the blocks but she would get up to 70/80mph easily enough(not up a hill). Take it for a drive and see if it's for you

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Just as Linden said and they run on veggie oil.Ive had mine 3 years and have no intention of changing it.60MPH all day long with really good mpg.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
had ours 18 months now

yes its never going to win races, but we get 77 mph on the motorway, its good on fuel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts