VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

Quick question - will a 1998 triple rear seat fit straight into my 2001 t4 SWB 2.5tdi ex-aa? Or will it involve shenanigans?

Would seem a straightforward way of improving the comfort from the original 2 seat bench, and avoid any issues with Insurer if its a VW seat I'm fitting... or am I just naive?!

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bumping... serves me right for posting it in the middle of the night

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surely someone has done this.....

·
Registered
759 Posts
The threaded holes are in the floor but you will need to get the 2 u shaped brackets that the seat back clips into from VW. The treaded holes for these are also there too. :)
I'm only in Abingdon if you need a quick looky as I have an ex AA and caravelle at the moment.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The threaded holes are in the floor but you will need to get the 2 u shaped brackets that the seat back clips into from VW. The treaded holes for these are also there too. :)
I'm only in Abingdon if you need a quick looky as I have an ex AA and caravelle at the moment.
That could be very handy - thankyou! Exactly what I needed to hear - have my eye on a triple bench seat, just need to get one with the belts

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well if anybody has either a complete triple seat with all belts they want to sell, or 2 of the 3 point belts, I'm laughing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts