VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I'm new to the forum. I have a 99 California Westfalia Camper (Left Hand Drive). I've moved from France, and need to get it registered/MOT'ed in the UK. It has high mileage and needs work. Wondering whether it might be better to sell it on to a new owner with a passion for fixers up, or to invest in it further? Problem is that I don't have anywhere to keep it, really, and now that the kids are older, I'm using it less. How do I discover its value? Needs a new clutch and an ABS controller (about 1000 pounds worth of work). Otherwise in good working order. Any advice or information would be welcome!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I imported a 2001 VW Westfalia Exclusive a number of years ago now, and that was expensive (to me) but held it's value well.

Don't rush would be my advice, look on Autotrader, they do pop up every now and then, this guy buys and sells them (no connection other than I went to view one he had);

http://www.campervans4u.com/

Getting it registered/MoT'd in the UK was fairly straightforward, at the time I did it all i did was;

New fog light on the offside
Beam benders for the lights (although new units would be better)
Speedo in kph was ok for MoT (although you can get MPH overlays and I think is a much better idea)

Sent new MoT and old reg docs to DVLA and I got a UK reg doc and registration number back no problem.
Obviously you'd need to check the rules now to satisfy yourself.

That plus the work you'd need to do anyway might be worth your while, even if you got a garage to do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts