VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2001 T4 Caravelle Exec. 2.5TDI LEZ Compliant £3900

Finally selling as I have a shiny new Caravelle. :)

Ive owned this velle for 4 years (since June 2009) , during which time it has been maintained by Cordwallis at Maidenhead (VW dealer).

Its a 2.5TDi with the ACV engine. Its SWB, long nose. It was registered on 30 April 2001 and is LEZ compliant.

Miles: 243K
Tax: End Oct 2013.
MOT : 27 April 2014.

Service History All work by Cordwallis, unless stated otherwise.

04/04/2013 - 242677 - Interim Service + lower ball joints and track rod ends (both sides).
21/01/2013 - 240332 - Replaced aux v-belt and tensioner.
05/07/2012 - 237890 - 140K service + replace belts, tensioners etc.
27/06/2012 - 237639 - Replaced alternator (Beadles VW, Dartford).
11/05/2011 - Replaced A/C compressor, serviced and recharged air con (Aircon Direct).
30/03/2011 - Replaced handbrake cable
11/12/2010 - 220487 - Inspection Service + replace faulty door lock
16/10/2010 - Replace lower pulley (Cordwallis Parts, Apollo autos fitted).
10/07/2009 - 200275 - 40K service (cambelt, tensioner, water pump, etc)

I have receipts and documentation also for the previous owners' service history.

Mods:
I have blanked the EGR, fitted a K+N 57i induction kit, completed the de-cat and fitted a stainless steel exhaust. It has also had a remap from Protune (Stuart) for economy and driveability. Now drives more smoothly, still returns approx 36mpg. Its not a racing velle!! The MOT emisssions data shows the engine is currently running cleaner than in previous tests.

Currently has 18" alloys (quite badly scuffed, but otherwise all ok), with Pirelli 18" load-rated snow tyres all round, and a spare set of 4 summer tyres. All legal. The snow tyres have done approx 4000 miles, and cost £1200. All wheels have locking wheel bolts fitted.
Wind deflectors fitted, and bash plate on the rear bumper.
It has a Kenwood head unit with CD player. Nothing fancy, and was in the vehicle when I bought it. The head unit is removable.

General:
The velle will carry 8 people - it has 2 single seats up front, with armrests but are not captains seats (dont swivel). There are 3 singles in the middle roiw, the centre one folds flat to create a table - perfect for my 2 kids to use to play/eat during journeys.
I also have the rear bench, which is normally out of the van, but can be refitted in approx 15 minutes.

It has factory fitted cruise control, electric windows, central locking and climatronic air conditioning (rare on T4's) which can be controlled independently in the front and rear. It also has aftermarket privacy tint in all the rear windows, and moderate (legal) tint in the driver and passenger windows.
It has twin sliding doors, both with sliding windows.
It has a tailgate (perfect rain shelter when camping), front and rear fog lights, headlight washer jets.
It has a 12V power outlet in the rear and in the front.

I have extensive history and receipts for the van, which was a shuttle between Exeter and Heathrow airports in its earlier years (hence the mileage). VW Cordwallis replaced the belts and pump when I bought the van (196K miles). They also replaced the discs and pads all round with Ferodo uprated discs and pads approx. 15 months ago. The air-conditioning was serviced and a new compressor fitted last summer by a local recommended auto air-conditioning company.

Its LEZ compliant, and I have documentation confirming this from VW and Transport for London. Its also allowed in my local recycling centres, as it has rear seats and windows and meets the height restriction. Its also classified as a car for tolls (such as Dartford and Severn Bridges).

Important:
This velle is used every day, it is 12 years old, and is therefore not in perfect condition. Everything is present, and everything that is meant to work, works.
There are some minor rust patches on the wheel arches, the fuel cap cover and the top of the windscreen (usual places). The interior carpet and trim is a little scruffy, and there are a few minor bodywork scratches, stonechips and dents - but nothing major given the van is 12 years old. We also only have 1 key, which does control the central locking.

I have used this van to get to work every day (and back), to carry our mountain bikes and kayaks all over the UK, to go ski-ing in Austria and multiple camping trips, and it has been amazingly reliable and economical. Ive just got back from a 600 mile round trip in the UK. Thats why Im getting a newer one.

The pictures are quite old now, will post up some additional new photos once its been cleaned and the seats put back in. The personal plate is not included in the sale.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: 2001 T4 Caravelle Exec. 2.5TDI LEZ Compliant £4700.

Now fully serviced and has MOT till end April 2014.

Added some additional detail including service history, and changed title as its a 2001, not 1999.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Mate, stick it on Ebay. I sold silver manual on the same year with the same spec as yours (variant, Limo) with stolen recovered, dubious mileage history and no service history against it for the same sort of money, super quickly. Buy it now with best offer is your friend, just set a a price point to automatically decline offers below a certain price to stop all the false hopes T:T:T:

FWIW i think this is really good value T:T:T:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its a Y Plate.

Ive toyed with selling this several times - the clincher for me is that I travel quite alot and need to get to airports or drive across to Western Europe and its getting harder to insure abroad for breakdown because of the age.

The issue for me has been that good T5 Caravelle models have been hard to find, and Ive finally increased the budget and got a nearly new T5.1. I really, really hope the new one (Edition 25 - silver) serves me as well as this one has.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Mate, stick it on Ebay. I sold silver manual on the same year with the same spec as yours (variant, Limo) with stolen recovered, dubious mileage history and no service history against it for the same sort of money, super quickly. Buy it now with best offer is your friend, just set a a price point to automatically decline offers below a certain price to stop all the false hopes T:T:T:

FWIW i think this is really good value T:T:T:
To quote myself about the Ebay thing again - I sold the Mrs Zafira SRI yesterday within ten, yes 10 minutes of listing it :eek: The guy wasn't a messer either, he was local and had called me in person within 15 minutes to come and see the car and pay a deposit. Ebay has an alert thing that i didn't know about which flags to buyers looking for a specific vehicle, clever stuff!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It will go on eBay on Saturday if not sold, as I'll have the new one on the drive by then and it will be aggro.

I just uploaded some additional photos to a new album of the velle after a trip to the local kosovan money laundering site earlier today.

Let me know if any additional specific (velle related) photos required. :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: 1999 T4 Caravelle Exec. 2.5TDI LEZ Compliant £3900.

Cheeky Saturday bump, before she goes on eBay. Shiny T5.1 on the drive. :).

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reduced to 3500.

I have the MID (motor Insurance Database) chasing me now as I dont have a specifc insurance policy for this vehicle (even though Im insured to drive it on another policy).

Mileage is now just under 250,000 - its just come back from a 2 week (1000 mile) holiday in Cornwall. :).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lovely looking velle, exactly what I'd be looking for in about 6 months. Recently registered here so I can get an idea of what's available.

To have the twin sliding doors and two airbags is also pretty rare and exactly the kind of spec id want. Shame the miles are high but that's reflected in the price.

Good luck with the sale

1 - 20 of 20 Posts