VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Going to do a complete service of the coolant system this weekend on my AAC 2.0 litre. Want to give it a good flush out, change the thermostat whilst i'm at it. Does anyone know where the coolant drain plug is on the engine jacket?

Also just before I order the coolant I assume that the latest G13 from VW is OK to use with the AAC engine?

Thanks in-advance

Mark

·
Registered
210 Posts
Theres a little plug bolt on the front of the engine, near the flywheel end, under the oil filter, close to the sump. I think its 13mm spanner.

If your doing the thermostat then you will drain most of it anyway. Changing the thermostat can be a sod when refitting the cover to keep it square. I ended up grinding some of the housing cover casing to get it in nice and square.

If your going that far, why not do the water pump. At least give it a feel with the belt off!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Theres a little plug bolt on the front of the engine, near the flywheel end, under the oil filter, close to the sump. I think its 13mm spanner.

If your doing the thermostat then you will drain most of it anyway. Changing the thermostat can be a sod when refitting the cover to keep it square. I ended up grinding some of the housing cover casing to get it in nice and square.

If your going that far, why not do the water pump. At least give it a feel with the belt off!
Thanks for that Chris, I'm going to leave the water pump this time as I am going away next week. I will do another flush after about 3 months so will do it then. Don't suppose you know of where to get a maintenance manual for the AAC 2.0 engine ? I can't seem to find anything on the net?

Mark

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't think Haynes did one for the petrol so I got a copy of

Volkswagen Transporter T4 Workshop Manual by Brooklands Books

Make sure its for petrol & Diesel models - some are just diesel. Mine is for 1990-1995

A few are on Ebay. Just search with the above.

Its not as good as a Haynes but better than nothing!

Theres also a small A5 sized VW T4 pocket mechanic manual - by Peter Russek. But these are basically exactly the same as the Brooklands but being smaller are hard to read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts