VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

time to give the van some more beans....running standard AAC 8V but would love more power?

was thinking of a 2E conversion out of a mk3 gti as it seems the easiest/cheapest option for the best power gains and dont really know of any nasty suprises i might find....any info?

given the high strength of the bottom end ive been doin my homework and it seems this engine would be ripe to be charged.....may be with a G60 charger?? any advice on what may be needed etc etc.

can do all work myself except re-mapping.

any ideas would be winning!!

cheers

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Hi all,

time to give the van some more beans....running standard AAC 8V but would love more power?

was thinking of a 2E conversion out of a mk3 gti as it seems the easiest/cheapest option for the best power gains and dont really know of any nasty suprises i might find....any info?

given the high strength of the bottom end ive been doin my homework and it seems this engine would be ripe to be charged.....may be with a G60 charger?? any advice on what may be needed etc etc.

can do all work myself except re-mapping.

any ideas would be winning!!

cheers

oooh oooh ooooh do it!!! H:

it's on my old and crusty to do list, when I get my man shed.

I believe the AAC bottom end was popular for turbo conversions in the past due to the strength and low compression. Time to really start researching.

Things to watch for:

1. The supercharger may foul the radiateor fans so some slim line ones might be needed.
2. Fabrication of the various brackets and stuff to hold the supercharger and other ancillaries. Perhaps an old G60 engine will have all the necessary brackets and stuff.
3. Big decision on engine management to make.
4. Look at changing the head to a GTi one or similar. Bigger ports, better flow. 16v perhaps?

i'd look around to see what other superchargers are about. The G-laders are quite an old unit these days and perhaps there may be better , newer options about?

Have a look at these websites too

www.stormdevelopments.co.uk supercharger conversions etc.

http://tsr-performance.com/ performance and racing engines. Some good ideas etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts