VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way home yesterday on the motorway the van went into limp mode I heard soft psshhhh noise first, switching it on and off returned it back to normal. so having searched around here and the web at lot of things point to the turbo maybe being caked up on the vnt vanes. Otheres suggest a duff or flakey n75 valve which i have ordered today.

So what gives then folks?

As an aside I had it remapped whilst back in the UK (pendle) it went like a rocket after that but slowly I have thought it's not got the grunt it had just after mapping, since then I have had to replace a badly blocked egr cooler and egr valve, now this has happened, is it all connected to re mapping or is it just bad luck? I also must say that the economy has suffered since mapping as well and no i don't drive it like i stole it lol.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Cheers

iain

·
Registered
109 Posts
Could it be the dpf is partially blocked, causing less performance and then making the error code?

Also, a friends Mercedes’ ML was dropping power and error throwing. It was the cat fully blocked with particles.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's a 2015 van i would have thought a leaky intercooler would be less boost? had one on my old van and that drove like ****, was thinking dpf or cat since replacing the egr cooler i notice a huge increase in the van wanting to regenerate and the fan coming on after shutdown and can hear a coolant pump running.

·
Registered
456 Posts
you will need to data log it
i use vcds you can record most engine components and there performance this is the only way i know to help you on your diagnostics

·
Registered
456 Posts
on vcds there is an option to see a graph with what the ecu is asking for and what the engine is producing plus others
it could be just a faulty sensor but from my experience its normaly sting veins in the turbo but hopefully yours is not the 2.0 16v pd engine suffers badly with the above this is what i have
good luck and there are plenty of you tube videos to show you have to data log the turbo stuff

·
Registered
77 Posts
I’ve put a Revive turbo cleaner through mine literally yesterday because of suspected VVT sticking on my 11plate 2.0 T5. Time will tell on the results I suppose. Post run felt good tbf

·
Registered
456 Posts
dont know as ive only done caddys and seat altea plus the one on our t4 i wouldnt recomend doing it on the car i dont it once and it was late in the dark with a torch it took me about 3 hours and was realy hard to get the veins in correct place but very easy on the bench your need a drill with wire brush attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts