VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are threads on the 109 relay but i found them of little use as I can't find that relay in my van. Is there one and please tell me where it is.
It is a 1995 non-turbo automatic. The engine turns over but does not start.
When I took the fuse box cover off and the cover over the steering column and found what can only be described as coloured spaghetti - loads of scotch lock connectors, cut wires and wires that go to nothing. I would like some help please in this.
If you have pictures of what your wiring loom looks like, please post them here, I will take a picture of mine tomorrow and post it up.
I am hoping to have a few replies tonight so I can try to make some sense out of the wiring I have.
All help will be appreciated as most of the threads on this are for the 2.5 turbo diesel not 2.4 non turbo.
There is no immobiliser fitted to the van at the moment just in case someone mentions that.
:( :confused: :(

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
The 2.4 does not have a 109. It does have an immobiliser and this could be your problem. If the wiring has been hacked about at the column check that black wire is intact. This is the ign supply wire to the fuse box, you can trace it down the loom to the back of the fuse box.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2.4 does not have a 109. It does have an immobiliser and this could be your problem. If the wiring has been hacked about at the column check that black wire is intact. This is the ign supply wire to the fuse box, you can trace it down the loom to the back of the fuse box.

The wiring loon from the column to the fusebox has been replaced due to the amount of hacks in it and it was working fine until I went to meet a friend.

If it's not a 109 relay, what else could it be?

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Either the immobiliser or a wiring issue. Do you have a spare key to try?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it is not the imobiliser and all keys have been used. Aslo no black wire from the ignition to talk about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts