VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of buying a 5 cylinder 2.4 T4 would like to hear peoples opinions, is the power drastically obvious compared to the 2.5TDI thanks in advance

·
Registered
316 Posts
just the accelerating is faster in the 2.5 for having the turbo, I had a 2.4 and nice reliable engine would go along all day at 70, would go up hills okay with a run up, I guess if you live in a hilly area the 2.5 tdi will suit better, if your happy cruising around stress free then the 2.4 is a good strong engine

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm new to the vw t4 scene and recently bought a 1999 2.5 tdi. It's the 88 bhp model and it's surprising how much poke it has.
I have been in a 3.2 V6 vectra for 2 years so you can imagine the power difference but the fun factor of the van out weighs my need for Speed!
Looking forward to making it unique and many years of ownership!:D

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
If U are planning on towing, forget the stock 2.4
2.4 can be turboed... but they are old now & have head/top end issues

The low end TD-blueI- don?t have a IC. Can be fitted. SHOULD be imho
As for nozzles, turbos, exhaust etc... The engines can be pushed a fair bit if in good nick

Go for a 2.5T: It is a better choice IMHO

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
2.4, mine has 195000 miles on it and engine wise is standard apart from a stainless side exit exhaust.
it will do 90mph on the motorway if you push it, but its happy to sit at 75/80 all day long, I cant say that the other options are better cos I haven't driven them (except the 19tdi, and that really is slow) you have to try them for yourself, I didn't look to see where you are geographically but if you wanted to try mine you could (with the relevant insurance) T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts