VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have posted a while back no success...

My van was a 1.9td but previous owner has fitted a 2.4 (with manual box)... I now have a massive clutch shake/judder that shakes the whole van for the first couple junctions when its cold... is there a way to find out if I have a single or dual mass flywheel fitted befor having to take it out? Does a single mass judder like this?

Its one of the last pieces to my puzzle befor I turbo convert the motor... please help!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I checked my reg on euro car parts and my 97 2.4d has one apparently, I also have the massive shakes when pulling away and generally changing gear :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
i converted to a single mass flywheel alot better no judder and more direct clutch feel T:

plus you don't have the worry of he dual mas failing ( 3 times i've had them fail) on various VW's

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so does the judder definately mean I have a dual mass? :confused:

brookster where did you get your solid wheel? cost? just in case!

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
so does the judder definately mean I have a dual mass? :confused:

brookster where did you get your solid wheel? cost? just in case!

it could be rear engine mount, if it judders in reverse too it's the flywheel if it doesn't do it in reverse its the rear mount.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it only does it in 1st and 2nd but ill change rear mount while its all apart... just gotta work out what clutch to order. guessing ill have to wait till im in there!?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts