VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys need help I have just bought my t4 2.4 diesel caravelle it wont start from cold will start with some easy start and will start with no help untill sttod for a few hours then again when cold will need easy start ??? what if any ideas does anyone have
cheers
:*

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just keeps turning over spluters a bit but just wont start, also feels a little missy when i rev it not sure if related to problem.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
its got a drug problem, you need to get it help before it gets worse, you will soon be on the slippy slope to methanol addiction, and high grade fuel,
on the up side there is help out there for this kind of addiction,
the first thing to do is make shure the heater plug fuse is intact and has a pulse sorry voltage, its possable your van is lieing to you and that glow plug light is just way of begging for more easy start , if the fuse is blown the light still comes on but the plugs dont get hot,
if the fuse is ok and it has 12volts then i would suspect the heater plugs are dead or just there to fill the holes,
if your not getting any volts at the fuse it could be the relay hiding in the fuse box,

there are groups for addiction to easystart i do suggest you seek professional help, or lock it in the garage untill it goes through cold turky and dont forget we are here for you :D

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Hi mate
Try the glow plugs check the wire that goes to number 1 plug if you have power there then you need to change the
glow plugs and do all 5 and not just 4 because you could not get to the one behind the pump
good luck

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Hi guys need help I have just bought my t4 2.4 diesel caravelle it wont start from cold will start with some easy start and will start with no help untill sttod for a few hours then again when cold will need easy start ??? what if any ideas does anyone have
cheers
:*
if you have fuel , then it could be your injection timing that's out .

injection pump pump must a slipped or something , do you have white smoke when it does start ?

if you don't have white smoke, then the timing will be ok and its the injection pump seals that have gone and it is struggling to build up pressure to egt ingnition.

·
Registered
61 Posts
if you have fuel , then it could be your injection timing that's out .

injection pump pump must a slipped or something , do you have white smoke when it does start ?

if you don't have white smoke, then the timing will be ok and its the injection pump seals that have gone and it is struggling to build up pressure to egt ingnition.
i have white smoke when starts is that a bad sign

·
Registered
945 Posts
Air bubbles in your fuel lines = bad connection somewhere most likely the white valve on the fuel filter or hoses coming off the filter like poor hose clamp connection letting air in. Are your fuel leak off pipes and blanking bung in dry/good condition also? Renew fuel filter and white valve anyway if they look ancient.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
........... Are your fuel leak off pipes and blanking bung in dry/good condition also? ......
See http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=412011 for a good picture of wet (which means leaky) leak-off pipes.
They are the ones marked in red and green. These pipes run between each injector, (normally) at the left end is a blanking plug instead of a pipe, on the right is a braided pipe leading away to a nylon (I think) pipe.
All braided pipes and plug should be changed together as if ones gone the rest are not far behind.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i have white smoke when starts is that a bad sign
Yes a big puff of white smoke then it calms down but just brought caravelle of a trader he got it from Ireland and looks an smells like it's been sitting for a few months the paper work say the 10 month maybe before that don't no will up load se pictures of the grass growing In the front side vent by the front lights loads of moss in there as soon as my new reg comes through will go to a garage an find out how bad or good it really is thanks for this site so much info it's great

1 - 16 of 16 Posts