VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone no if the 2.4 td is any good and how easy it is to convert a 1.9td to a 2.4 ive just been offered a 2.4 t4 very cheap as its had a side on crash and is a complete writeoff is it worth doing the conversion :confused:T: will it be any faster T:

·
Registered
269 Posts
To be honest I doubt its worth the bother at all,and the 2.4 is not turbo charged anyway.
Going from memory there is 7hp difference between the 1.9td and the 2.4 and the 1.9 is so easy to tweek.Hope this is some help

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Not worth the hassle to be honest,2.4 is not turbocharged and vw never turbocharged it,2.4 makes 78bhp and does it very slowly there not a bad engine though just a bit slow.
You can always fit a golf or passat 1.9TDIengine they have 90bhp to begin with and have good scope for tuning!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
whats with all this negativity man wheres the good vibes for the 2.4 oh i got a 2.4 mind so will go this one alone .......yea theres only a few bhp difference but there is an extra cyl in it they do struggle going up hills but once you learn to drive it it aint that bad mine will do 85-90 i try to cruise about 75-80 and still get 500 and a bit to a tank if im nice to it but at the end of the day is it worth the hassle ?? plus it will sound like a tractor esp if you mess with the pump

1 - 4 of 4 Posts