VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there, Ive spent the last year or two converting my pre 96 2.4 diesel to a 1.9tdi with an AHU mark 3 golf engine fitted. This required me buying a 1.9td van and using various bits from its subframe and of course engine.
I was wondering if I could pick your brains with a few issues though.
1) The van does not have an engine undertray fitted and I am unsure which one to buy as I have been told that the later post 96 1.9td one does not fit??? Looking at the T4s r us site it looks as though the 1.9 and the 2.4 undertrays are the same, can anybody advise me which one will fit please?

2)Because my van is a pre 96 there is no air vent hole in the drivers side wing which means that because this is where the golf air filter is fitted that it is not getting a fresh supply of cold air to it. Could anybody tell me if this is likely to affect performance greatly and if there is anyone in or around Bristol that would be able to cut and spray the wing with slits for the air to pass through. Or is there a different way of maybe having a pipe go from the filter to say the bumper instead?

Many thanks Dave

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
just checked myself . It lists 3 different part numbers . All the same apart from the last letter . 7D0805685 and either L , N or K . try googling these .

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently the 1.9td one doesn't fit so I'm guessing I'm going to have to go with the 2.5tdi version. It would be interesting to c what other 1.9tdi converts have used.

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
lots of cold air flowing to the Air Filter :D

£10 OFF EBAY for kit , you will have to mount at drivers side T:

Cone filter sat on top of 3" duct now , duct is routed through were Fuel Filter used to sit , fuel filter has been re postioned

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
Is yours a pre 96 van though mate?
Also , Brookster have u got a link to where I can get one from ebay pls mate.
Thx D
no mines a 97 but the Turbo inlet is on opposite side T:

the company is Mr Silicone on ebay item - 330651615477 £6.45 plus £1.95 postage

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for the ebay link mate. T:T:
If yours is a post 96 don't u have the vents in the drivers side wing mate, also I have the golf air box still in mine so would I still be able to do this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts