VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3669 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2.4D AAB Turbo/PP3 Project

Been doing some research on here and other sites and decided to go down the Turbo route for my 2.4D AJA Engine :D

The T4 2.4D Transporter is now getting Turbo'd need abit more power and after driving the VRS for a week i need more power for towing with the T4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44BswlTvxj8&lc=aKlrfB_OnFTkaYHtBRswaKQOPH_RaqSubDuZA07Giyc&lch=email&feature=em-comment_received&lcor=1

Any advice would be greatley appreciated especially part numbers for the Oil feed pipework.

The engine has 94k on the clock and is a good solid unit.

Been on the T4 Forum for a while and here's the link for a conversion one of the T4 Lads built.

http://www.angelfire.com/wv2/westfalia_california/Turbo_on_a_T4_2400D_aspirated_UK.htm

i have a Volvo V70 Exhaust manifold ready to go on

and a KKK K14 Turbo

just need a T4 ACV Inlet manifold now and downpipe and the major components are all there then.

after that its just the boost pipes and oil pipes.

Here's all the part No's

Manifold intake: 074 123 713

Exhaust manifold: 074 253 033K (Standard 2.5tdi - 074 253 033G)

Turbocharger: 074 145 701B (Stanard 2.5tdi - 074 145 701A)

Gaskets of the Manifold intake: 074 129 717

Gaskets of the Exhaust manifold: 028 129 589 B (are 5 pieces)

& also the gasket: 028 129 748

inlet intake manifold gasket 074 129 717
exhaust manifold gasket 5 piece 028 129 589 B
dipstick for oil dipstick gasket 046 145 757 A
KKK14 Turbocharger oring 030 121 119
Turbocharger oil line gasket 035 145 757 C
Friction Ring and Spring (For Manifold Downpipe to Manifold) 161-298-115
İnlet manifold EGR square gasket 028 129 748

Here's all the other items required too from other forum cheers !

The finished project will look like this finished project but with a intercooler mounted in the front panel.

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: 2.4D AAB Turbo Project Nearly ready to fit

My KKK K14 Turbo has arrived for the T4 its off a Volvo V70 but has VW Part number 074 145 701B
(Standard T4 is 074 145 701A).

The Turbo is in excellent condition and no signs of wear and tear on the Turbine.

Just waiting to the Manifold whihc should be here tomorrow and need to find an inlet manifold.

Turbo Manifold has arrived its off Volvo V70 But as you can see its a VW Part - 074 253 033K (Same part no as 2.5TDI Item apart from B ref )

On the V70 Volvo the Turbo is mounted this way with exhaust point to the rear of the car with the engine mounted longitudinally.(T4 Transverse) i can mount it this way but will have to design a different pipework set up.

But if i fit it as standard T4 it requires rotating 180deg so a spacer will be needed to space the Turbo off the Manifold 10mm.

·
Registered
646 Posts
looking good matey wont be long and you will be up and running
good luck with it fella looks like few turbo conversions going over the xmas break lol

cheers jaz

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well now i have the inlet manifold i've being shopping for the ancilliaries.

Oil Feed for Turbo - from a Passat (£10)

60mm - 51mm Elbow (£10) for the Manifold, i will use the existing 60mm flange off the 2.4D Inlet and then the elbow reducer for the boost pipes.

51mm Elbows for the Turbo boost pipes Black ordered (£5 ea)

60mm & 51mm pipe clips (£.150 ea)

51mm x 600mm alloy boost pipe (£15)

No intercooler yet , i will run without once it's running until i need to up the boost. :)

i need the dipstick oil adaptor and the oil return pipe.

also i'll call at GSF and get the gasket set tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ACV 2.5TDI Inlet Manifold arrived from Germany in two days, excellent delivery that .

As you can see the effects of the EGR Valve on the inlets with get covered in 10mm of Oily Soot.

New Inlet manifold gaskets & Exhaust also EGR Blanks Plates for the exhaust manifold

EGR Blank plate fitted

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am glad i got a V70 Exhaust manifold due to its mounting flange being the standrad 4 bolt type used by alot of the aftermarket Turbo manufacturers.

i am now hoping that i can achieve 120BHP and over 200LF/FT Torque;)

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The dirtiest job in the world now, cleaning the intake manifold it must have been off a 200k motor it was full of Oily Soot. :(

This is why you need an EGR Blank plate fitting, I'll be fitting one on the Octavia VRS Next week.

After the clean with petrol, saopy water and jet wash.

The intake will be connected using the 61mm to 50mm silicone reducer and 50mm Alloy 90 bend.

Also the Turbo Oil Feed has arrived, may have to modify it slightly.

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi

cheers for asking just waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive, exhaust downpipe and oil lines.

i will be running 0.5Bar until i get the fueliing and timing right then the intercoller will go on and run 1bar.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Cheers :ILU:

Here my last Engine build :D

MK1 Golf GTI 2.1L 16v on Throttle Bodies ETC.

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186028

loving those deep dished rims mate like to get summat ish like those for my t4,,,also interested in your turbo conversion,,although i love my 1.9TD that iam tuning the old fashion way burr burr port port ;):cool:
i do love the sound of the 5 cylinder motor i"ll keep watching your thread & good luck mate

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
loving those deep dished rims mate like to get summat ish like those for my t4,,,also interested in your turbo conversion,,although i love my 1.9TD that iam tuning the old fashion way burr burr port port ;):cool:
i do love the sound of the 5 cylinder motor i"ll keep watching your thread & good luck mate
Cheers :D

The MK1 Wheels are off a LHD Golf Country Chrome Edition, the only deep dish steelies you can get for the T4 are from Weller ;)

side exit stainless exhaust is getting fitting too from Pipewerx when i get the turbo fitted and the downpipe arrives.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Cheers :D

The MK1 Wheels are off a LHD Golf Country Chrome Edition, the only deep dish steelies you can get for the T4 are from Weller ;)

side exit stainless exhaust is getting fitting too from Pipewerx when i get the turbo fitted and the downpipe arrives.
sweet ive looked on weller site & i think you can only get 13" rims propbs didn't look properly,,talking of side exits i built my own using one of zorstec straight through cans/silencers,,but i removed the original VW manifold flange slid a piece of the new shape impreza rally car exhaust i managed to get hold of scribed it & cut it with a slitting disc then used a burr bit to shape/clean the inside up so now its got a 2.5" inner diameter side exit right from the manifold flange,,& its made a huge difference,,when ever i see someone asking about decating i always advice doing what ive done because there not just restricted at the cat,,pics are on my public view

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Glad you got the manifold OK.

I'f I'd have known it was going to someone on here then I would have given it away. Almost did. I:

Good luck with the project.

Keep us informed.

Mule.

Honda Heaven Motorcycles.

Small world eh?

Many Thanks really nice bit of kit the V70 Manifold (4 stud 80mm x 40mm) :D

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sweet ive looked on weller site & i think you can only get 13" rims propbs didn't look properly,,talking of side exits i built my own using one of zorstec straight through cans/silencers,,but i removed the original VW manifold flange slid a piece of the new shape impreza rally car exhaust i managed to get hold of scribed it & cut it with a slitting disc then used a burr bit to shape/clean the inside up so now its got a 2.5" inner diameter side exit right from the manifold flange,,& its made a huge difference,,when ever i see someone asking about decating i always advice doing what ive done because there not just restricted at the cat,,pics are on my public view
i spoke to weller's MD and he was happy to custom make some sets of 17" deep dish steelies for T4's if there was a market for them :D

1 - 20 of 3669 Posts