3621 - 3640 of 3678 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,623

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone, this is such a great resource. Wanted to say thanks to everyone for posting up all this information. This is my first post here, I've got a 96 2.4aab up here in Canada and finally installing my turbo this weekend before jt gets too cold.

Just had my original pump rebuilt with LDA, upgraded injectors and new glow plugs installed this week.

One thing i haven't found an answer to is what to do with the valve cover pcv breather, once the 2.5 acv intake manifold is installed. I will eventually install a catch can but what is the best short term solution till i get one?

I'll post up some pictures of the turbo install as once i dig into it!

Appreciate all the help.

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone, this is such a great resource. Wanted to say thanks to everyone for posting up all this information. This is my first post here, I've got a 96 2.4aab up here in Canada and finally installing my turbo this weekend before jt gets too cold.

Just had my original pump rebuilt with LDA, upgraded injectors and new glow plugs installed this week.

One thing i haven't found an answer to is what to do with the valve cover pcv breather, once the 2.5 acv intake manifold is installed. I will eventually install a catch can but what is the best short term solution till i get one?

I'll post up some pictures of the turbo install as once i dig into it!

Appreciate all the help.

Rob
That's the connection I'm talking about.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Any updates on how your conversion went gilbz??
Alex300LOL:

Still haven't gotten round to fitting it!
Intercooler is in and that's it!

Turbo still in the box along with everything else.
I had to sort out something at home which has put this to one side. Absolutely gutted!

How's everyone elses conversion going/ gone?

French? Still here is he??

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Well mine is still going strong gilbz, got a front mounted intercooler thats been sitting in the garage for the last 6 months to fit then I can turn the boost up a bit, just got to buy the pipework but with Xmas, a £600 maintenance bill and 4 new tyres on the horizon the old funds have been a bit low, think that'll be a summer job now, too cold at the minute anyway to be working outside on the van, hope you get yours sorted in the near future and look forward to hearing about it T:

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Well mine is still going strong gilbz, got a front mounted intercooler thats been sitting in the garage for the last 6 months to fit then I can turn the boost up a bit, just got to buy the pipework but with Xmas, a £600 maintenance bill and 4 new tyres on the horizon the old funds have been a bit low, think that'll be a summer job now, too cold at the minute anyway to be working outside on the van, hope you get yours sorted in the near future and look forward to hearing about it T:
lol So i have the one thing you want to install and you have the other parts I want installedLOL:

I've also got a split charge. Planar diesel heater, Pink torsion bars and front and back ARB to install..... as well as the turboLOL:

I keep buying but have no time to fit it all:*

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
lol So i have the one thing you want to install and you have the other parts I want installedLOL:

I've also got a split charge. Planar diesel heater, Pink torsion bars and front and back ARB to install..... as well as the turboLOL:

I keep buying but have no time to fit it all:*
No harm in stockpilingLOL:, I'm sure it'll all get fitted at some point T:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hell Gilbz.

Yes I'm still here, and forever grateful for this thread that Brookster started. I know he's really in to the VW drag racing scene, and my plan is to go down to Sant Pod this year, introduce myself and buy the man a beer, as he's been so helpful.

My van is doing well, and still ticks along with around 10psi.

This weekend, I finally got round to fitting my turbo gauge in the dash. I'm just trying to work out how to get power to it (electrics are really not my thing), and I also have an oil catch can, that I really need to fit.

Actually, if anyone knows, can you advise on how I connect from the oil breather to the catch can. The problem I have is that the pipe that came with the catch can is only 15mm internal diameter. The oil breather seems a lot bigger and around 22mm...so what would anyone suggest?

Can I simply buy a reducer or will this cause pressure build up in the engine?

Frenchy.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Brookster, can you help?

I’ve turned the boost up on my turbo and the fuel as well.

When the revs are high I get a rattling almost knock like sound.

Could it be that my Injectors are leaking and that the fuel is pre igniting etc? Hope you can advise.

Frenchy

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,640
Brookster, can you help?

I’ve turned the boost up on my turbo and the fuel as well.

When the revs are high I get a rattling almost knock like sound.

Could it be that my Injectors are leaking and that the fuel is pre igniting etc? Hope you can advise.

Frenchy
timing may be too far advanced

3621 - 3640 of 3678 Posts