VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

3661 - 3680 of 3680 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, wound it back a fair bit. I’d wound the fuel in just short of half a turn as a start point and it was ticking over pretty quick.

Would you say go back to original settings?

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Yes, wound it back a fair bit. I’d wound the fuel in just short of half a turn as a start point and it was ticking over pretty quick.

Would you say go back to original settings?
I wouldn't go back to original but I would play round with the idle screw, I can't remember exactly what mine is set at as I did it a couple of years ago but it took me a few go's of trial and error before I found the right spot and I had exactly the same problem

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Good afternoon everyone

sorry i havn't been on here for a while i've been busy this year with the Business & Dragons Den - https://youtu.be/8PxE0bQX_ww

:

A:A:A:A:A:A:A:

Nice one Brookster!
Well deserved and I hope you do very well. T:

Now back to my questions.
Is it ok to run a rebuilt pump with an LDA and 155 injectors before doing the turbo conversion?

I'm gradually getting there and have put on the pump and fitted the injectors but my mechanic is struggling to get the pump timing right.

I will get around to turboing it one day :(

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,665
A:A:A:A:A:A:A:

Nice one Brookster!
Well deserved and I hope you do very well. T:

Now back to my questions.
Is it ok to run a rebuilt pump with an LDA and 155 injectors before doing the turbo conversion?

I'm gradually getting there and have put on the pump and fitted the injectors but my mechanic is struggling to get the pump timing right.

I will get around to turboing it one day :(
Cheers

pump should be fine without turbo fitted . just trn the fuelling down .

pump timing is straight foward , advance it till it knocks and then pull in back a few degrees T:

then just make sure it only knocks with the cold start pulled out ( 4 deg advance )

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,667
I hate Youtube, but watched it all...
Good on ya Brookster!
Yorkshire rules the world! A:
cheers glad you liked it , i hate the sound of my own voice so not watched it more than once T:

*<:)>

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi I want to replace the fuel pump for my 2.4 TD van. Does the fuel pump of the Audi 100-200 2.0 TD 5-cylinder engine fit the 2.4 D engine? fuel pump, shaft length suitable?
Can experienced friends help?

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,670
Hi I want to replace the fuel pump for my 2.4 TD van. Does the fuel pump of the Audi 100-200 2.0 TD 5-cylinder engine fit the 2.4 D engine? fuel pump, shaft length suitable?
Can experienced friends help?

Those injection pumps are great , perfect for the conversion . very hard to get hold of

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,672
Thank you Brookster
I wonder if this pump fits into the engine. I hope it's not too big. very large scale in the photo.
it will fit i had exaactley the same pump fitted , it has auto cold start advance so will need coolant pipes connecting to it if you want it running auto cold start

·
Registered
1 Posts
i've been readin' Your posts here, and i liked it alot, i bought a Complete volvo v70 mk1 engine, could i transfer all the parts onto my current powerplant? of course I have to modify the exhaust though...
Also need to swap the gearbox, the original is gearing too low..

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,674
hello

yes you can transfer the TURBO set up from the volvo V70 D5252T Engine

·
Registered
275 Posts
[QUOTE = "Brookster, yayın: 6577167, üye: 9445"]
It had the same pump installed exaactley, there is automatic cold start progress, so if you want automatic cold start operation, it will need the refrigerant pipes connected to it

[/ ALINTI]

hi i just bought this fuel pump. Left fuel pump for an Audi 100 2.0 TD 5-cylinder engine from 1980 to 1986.

Hi Brookster
i just bought this fuel pump. A left-hand fuel pump for an Audi 100 2.0 TD 5-cylinder engine from 1980 to 1986.
I searched for this fuel pump a lot but finally found it. 3 I found the Audi 100 in Turkey. All three were scrapped.
I received the fuel pump today. Very similar to the T4 AAB-AJA fuel pump.
the fuel pump pulley was missing. then they found and installed a hoop. Perhaps this is a pump pulley that belongs to the fuel pump.
As you said, there is an automatic cold start mechanism on the pump. I will cancel this setup. Let's see if this Audi pump can be installed directly on the 2.4 T4 engine.
If the Audi pump T4 AJA cannot be fitted to the engine, we will attach the LDA cap of the Audi pump to the Transporter AJA fuel pump.
thanks for everything.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Finally, 7 years collecting parts and having 4 months off work (cheers Corona) I've got time to do the turbo conversion!

Everything is in bar the intake manifold.

Can you tell me how the vacuum pipes connect up to the LDA?
Do I T it off the Turbo?

I got an electronic boost controller too to add into the mix but I'll probably get it running first and then add that in.

Any help and advice appreciated 🙄😁

·
Registered
275 Posts
[QUOTE = "Gilbz, yayın: 6587622, üye: 11109"]
Sonunda, 7 yıl parça toplamak ve 4 ay işten ayrılmak (Corona alkış) Turbo dönüşümü yapmak için zamanım var!

Her şey emme manifoldunun barında.

Vakum borularının LDA'ya nasıl bağlandığını söyleyebilir misiniz?
Turbodan mı?

Karışıma eklemek için de elektronik bir destek denetleyicim var, ancak muhtemelen önce çalıştıracak ve sonra ekleyeceğim.

Herhangi bir yardım ve tavsiye takdir 🙄😁
[/ALINTI]

Hi
I connected it to the LDA vacuum connector from the intercooler. However, the pressure on the intercooler is insufficient. So I will get the intake connection through the EGR in the intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Hey Brookster!
How good is your memory LOL:

You started my collection of parts with the dipstick tube just a few days shy of 5 years agoI:I:

Literally 20 minutes ago the last piece of the jigsaw/collection of parts was delivered from Rake

All parts, oil feeds, gaskets, dials, intercooler, pipes and Boost controller are sat ready to fit.

LDA pump (cheers Reg) & 155bar injectors already fitted T:

Let's hope it's not another 5 years to bolt this stuff on LOL:

you'll have it all fitted in a day T:
Oh how embarrassing!
Almost 7 years ago but it's all been fitted over the past week (rather than a day!) 😂
Just waiting for a new vacuum pump to servo pipe to arrive and then on the road we go haha!

I'll pop pics up when I'm get chance but it may take another 7 years lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all what a great thread this is.
I'm after a bit of help/advice, My 2.4 has been turbo'd and i have just fitted some pp3 injectors but struggling to get it running right. The fuel pump has been set at 1.00mm with a dti gauge, is this correct for the pp3's or should it be advanced or retarded? In the thread I've been reading about advancing in degrees but how does that relate to mm on the dti gauge?

I need all the help i can get at the moment.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
275 Posts
I added subtitles on youtube video. You can select English and other languages via automatic translate.Converting is an assembly turbo conversion video.

3661 - 3680 of 3680 Posts