VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 L 2.4D Auto.

It runs really well and cruises nicely at 70mph on the motorway. Only problem is getting it there. I've not timed it but 0-60 seems like about 20mins, and as for overtaking that's almost impossible if the winds against me LOL:

I'm no mechanic but I know a man that is. Is there anything I can do to my basic, but reliable engine to help me get a bit more go out of it?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
do any of ypou realise how much it cost to refill a bottle of nos:eek:

plus most insurance companys will not cover you for it to even be connected while on the roads

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do any of ypou realise how much it cost to refill a bottle of nos:eek:

plus most insurance companys will not cover you for it to even be connected while on the roads
£15-£25 judging by a few google searches.
Not sure on insurance but then I haven't set my mind to doing it at all yet.

Lots of research first - could end up easier/cheaper to get a new TDi Van??
Wait and see.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have a 94 L 2.4D Auto.

It runs really well and cruises nicely at 70mph on the motorway. Only problem is getting it there. I've not timed it but 0-60 seems like about 20mins, and as for overtaking that's almost impossible if the winds against me LOL:

I'm no mechanic but I know a man that is. Is there anything I can do to my basic, but reliable engine to help me get a bit more go out of it?
Have you check the accelerator cable? if its loose or worn the 2.4 will take a month to get to 70, check it then go for a drive, we did that to our pickup, after a 700 mile trip, its quick now, well sort of.

New cable should cost £38-40 and take 15 minutes to fit.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can also improve the 2.4 by recalibrating the fuel pump.
Have you check the accelerator cable? if its loose or worn the 2.4 will take a month to get to 70, check it then go for a drive, we did that to our pickup, after a 700 mile trip, its quick now, well sort of.

New cable should cost £38-40 and take 15 minutes to fit.
Thank you both. T:
I'll look into both of those ideas. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts