VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm thinking I need a new battery - in this cold weather it's taking 3 heat ups of the glo-plugs or she won't fire, anything less and it seems like I've got a flat battery.

My question is this: I'm looking at a 95ah/ 800cca Bosch s4013 type 19 which seems to perfectly fit the bill. Or possibly a Varta Silver H3 100ah/830cca -which for around the same price would be even better. But ebay for the Varta say it won't fit a T4 2.4d. Dimensions are the same, polarity layout is the same - is the Varta a different type or something ?

Alternatively, if anyone's any other battery suggestions - feel free to shout them out !

Cheers,

Chris.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Agreed on glo-plugs , maybe ..!! It aint been cold yet , so maybe battery isnt that good ?? I have a 100a battery , glo-plugs are ,admittedly , nacked , but it still goes first-time ..!! My plugs not changed for at least 12 years ..!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now sorted:

Bought a Bosch S5 for £90 - 100ah & 830 cca. The old battery was a Banner 100ah and 12 years old - so living on borrowed time.

Shouldn't be the glo-plugs, they were changed in November.

Chris.

...... all I have to do now is find where the wire I accidentally disconnected used to go to :(:(:(:(

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers, but it's off the split charge relay - the damn batteries are so big and heavy to get in and out - i must have caught it.

It's not an auto sensing relay - 4 terminals of which 2 are the large cables and 2 small - 1 goes to earth and the other ...... got a feeling this one (which is fused) is the trigger and should go to the alternator ?

Chris.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts