VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know what the torque specifications for the retaining bolts from the fuel rail to the engine block are?
The Haynes manual has the 2.0 specs at 22nm however that seems excessive and I am looking for the 2.5 AXD specs.
Any help is appreciated
Many thanks

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Not really sure what specs you're after? The 2.0 and 2.5 are entirely different engines, one CR and the other PD.
The AXD (PD) doesn't have a bolt on fuel rail (EDIT it does! hidden under the cylinder head and inlet manifold, and slotted deep between the inlet castings)
Are you after the injector stretch bolt torques?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really sure what specs you're after? The 2.0 and 2.5 are entirely different engines, one CR and the other PD.
The AXD (PD) doesn't have a bolt on fuel rail, they are drilled through the head from the tandem pump to inside the injector mounting sockets.
Are you after the injector stretch bolt torques?
Yeah I am after the "fuel rail" torque specs for the AXD engine
the bolts that mount the "fuel rail" into the AXD block

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Ah, I see, very cheekily hidden! I assumed internal, as you can't see that in normal circumstances, there's loads of stuff covering that up.
Just had a Windows update today, and my Elsawin manual isn't compatible with it, so I can't find out any more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts