VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an oil leak on my 2.5 BNZ for ages.
As it comes upto needing an oil change it worsens as the oil is thinner.
I have recently changed the injectors and fitted a new rocker cover gasket as it was leaking badly to the front over the alternator.
What are the other main areas these engines can leak from and how do I repair this?

Thanks
SC

·
Registered
280 Posts
They are usually not too bad for leaks, though like any others you'll get exceptions, have you worked out any possibilities, like a spot on the driveway related to position of the engine, or does it have an anti noise under-panel. Did the new rocker cover gasket cure that leak ? A water pump cover gasket is possible, and the oil dipstick tube end.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rocker cover gasket has cured the oil leak all over the alternator. But their is definitely more leaks. It has the undertray fitted which not only holds the oil it stops you finding what area it is originating from. Is the water pump gasket and dipstick an easy fix? When I had the alternator out 2 years ago their was no leaks from around the alternator drive. I have also heard the turbo to block gasket can fail. Are any of these jobs simple or are they gonna be a pain like every other job is on the 2.5s?
Strangely due to not using this much at the moment and having it parked in my works workshop and only moving it in and out when I needed access the leak seems to be worse even though it isn't moving any further than 100' in and out.

SC

·
Registered
280 Posts
This one might be relevant
2.5tdi BNZ Oil Leak from search result

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I've been round the back of the engine and both plugs are clean and their is no oil leak there.
So that rules out the water pump.
Where do I look next?

Thanks
SC

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mind if I ask which rocker cover gasket you fitted and where you sourced it, please? I need one for my 2.5 130bhp BNZ engine. TIA

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I managed to source one with a whole load of other service items.
Sadly their was only one rocker cover gasket. It was in VW packaging and fitted perfectly.

SC

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any Help?

OK I've been round the back of the engine and both plugs are clean and their is no oil leak there.
So that rules out the water pump.
Where do I look next?

SC

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Could it be the tandem pump? I know mine leaks (AXD engine) and leaves quite a mess down the front of the engine and into the undertray.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts