VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help.
I installed the new loom and noticed the fitting on the engine block is in two pieces. One piece looks like you have to remove 3 fixings and remove an aluminium cover. I decided not to do this and use the existing one and engaged the internal part, well I thought I had!. I engaged the plug, once again I thought I had. Then refitted the rocker cover manifold and egr. I now find that the plug is not engaging properly and it is not getting a connection! Will I have to remove it all again and remove the bridge with the 3 fixings and refit?
I'm going demented with this. The Haynes manual I have does not show how this is installed and only shows for the 1.9. I did not want to remove the bridge thing as it may of upset something.

SC

·
Super Moderator
9,097 Posts
You need to remove that bridge as the plug is in two parts and you can't easily lock the plug in. You also don't need to remove the tandem pump or replace the stretch bolts as it's only there to seal the end up. I always put a drop of locktight under the bridge as it's a mating face and helps to stop oil leaks...it's also watery enough so it clamps down correctly. To do anything with that plug now you will need to remove the coverand you will have to tighten the back nut up

Reactions: miloslo

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to remove that bridge as the plug is in two parts and you can't easily lock the plug in. You also don't need to remove the tandem pump or replace the stretch bolts as it's only there to seal the end up. I always put a drop of locktight under the bridge as it's a mating face and helps to stop oil leaks...it's also watery enough so it clamps down correctly. To do anything with that plug now you will need to remove the coverand you will have to tighten the back nut up
Thanks for that Festa
Just as I feared just didn't know wether anything would go out of alignment if I removed it and it seemed to connect OK, but obviously didn't.

Is their any way I can adjust the camshaft timing disk as this is positioned wrong on mine and will not run with camshaft sensor connected?

Thanks
SC

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can I adjust camshaft timing sensor pick up Festa?

Removing the bridge will not knock anything out of alignment?
Sorry was scared to remove anything on these clockwork engines.

SC

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Help

It needs to go back together tonight!!

Thanks
SC

·
Super Moderator
9,097 Posts
Help

It needs to go back together tonight!!

Thanks
SC
You can't adjust the pickup as that's in a fixed position. To adjust the timing you can use the essentric gear to adjust a small amount or itmaybe a tooth or too out. Generally you have to set up the timing mark and then tighten the camshaft nut before adjusting the gear backlash. After that you tighten the camshaft gear to 150nm+90deg. The bridge won't do anything to the alignment

1 - 6 of 6 Posts