VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

My newly-bought '92 Westfalia 2.5 petrol had a small exhaust blow as bought, now developed into a full-on spit from a cracked exhaust manifold. It's been welded before and really needs replacement. Now the really bad news: you can't get manifolds for this engine code (AAF) any more, so I need to fit the tubular kind from the later ACU engine. Which means I also need a different downpipe.

Just Kampers, VW Heritage, GSF etc have no stock and say these are dealer-only parts. The dealer says they'll have to come from Germany and will cost (wait for it) £450 for the manifold and £276 for the downpipe. So over £700 to fix an exhaust blow.

Can anyone please help with bright ideas for a better solution, second-hand bits, maybe another supplier I haven't heard of?

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
9,190 Posts
Hi folks,

My newly-bought '92 Westfalia 2.5 petrol had a small exhaust blow as bought, now developed into a full-on spit from a cracked exhaust manifold. It's been welded before and really needs replacement. Now the really bad news: you can't get manifolds for this engine code (AAF) any more, so I need to fit the tubular kind from the later ACU engine. Which means I also need a different downpipe.

Just Kampers, VW Heritage, GSF etc have no stock and say these are dealer-only parts. The dealer says they'll have to come from Germany and will cost (wait for it) £450 for the manifold and £276 for the downpipe. So over £700 to fix an exhaust blow.

Can anyone please help with bright ideas for a better solution, second-hand bits, maybe another supplier I haven't heard of?

Thanks in advance!
Give bud the spud a pm on here as he has a 2.5 petrol in his garage with the manifold still attached. He maybe willing to part with it. Also it could be a good time to fit a full stainless exhaust system from one of the traders on here :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Festa,

have sent him a PM. Got any pointers towards the traders I should try for a stainless system if the used one can't be bought? I'm a complete novice with T4s, having owned mine less than a week, but none of the obvious Transporter parts people seem to offer anything forward of the front silencer box, at least for petrol vans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts