VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

looking for a timing belt kit for my 2.5 tdi, I say I think it’s an AJT as it should be but has had an engine replacement, I have no reason to think it’s not an AJT but I didn’t own at time of change.

just spoke to VW £328 for supply, £820 supply and fit. Extra £90 for water pump. I thought that was shocking.

So I’m looking for advice on a kit ( and where to find it) that has decent balance of quality yet still remains cost effective.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
345 Posts
VW original belts are often Gates & lately they have been using INA & Continental both German Quality. I'd stick with the VW water pump though. Don't forget your tensioners & diamond coated washer for the crank pulley.
I've just fitted an INA belt to one of mine & couldn't find fault with it. Look for a local TPS supplier near you & get a quote. They supply VW themselves but VW mark up the prices.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Personally wouldn't pay the over inflated price from vw, they dont make the kits its just another stamp on someone elses kit.
Gates, dayco, ina etc are all good quality kits

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,383 Posts
Thanks for the advice mate.

Do TPS Not only sell to trade though?

cheers
Officially, yes....but "In these times of trouble" (Queue Beatles track)....most branches are just happy to get some money in!
Wish we had them in Norway!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts