VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey up guys went to set off to blackpool friday got 10 mile out and battery light came on ,checked to see if belt was still on and it was so desided to turn round and go in car ,only asking about fixing the problem could it be the regulator and brushers ,is it a easy fix and can it be done on van without taking it off ,had it checked and only low chargeing ,could it be anything else ,my van is 2.5 tdi EX AA ,acv engine cheers karl

·
Registered
377 Posts
Regulator and brushes are about £25 when I needed one (eBay)

It was quicker for me to take the alternator off as my aircon pump was in the way but that only takes 15 minutes

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well been to auto electricians today ,he said its charging ,could it be regulator as iv ordered one ,it's the d type connection with one blue wire to it ,any advice cheers

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well reg came today fitted while still on van did the job ,so dont go out and buy new alternator ,try this first only 19 pound off ebay,the other reg looked new and the brushes was bigger than thr new one so dont let that fool ya and the slip rings had no wear to so easy fix guys keep that in mind ,if you go on youtube and look how to repair bosch alternator thers loads of videos there really easy save money T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts