VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Have been reading many threads on which oil to use. It seems that there are many (possibly conflicting) opinions.

Somehow I am a bit perplexed as to why I can't go on a VW web-site, type in some codes from the vehicle identity and get back all the information on parts I need to service the damn thing. It's like a conspiracy to withhold essential information through cryptography in codes. Don't generally believe in conspiracy, but now I formulate a theory, a measure of my frustration.

Anyway, frustration apart, can anyone tell me if I have a DPF because I think this could be the key to decide between VW 507.00 and VW 506.01 oil. The engine is a 2.5 BNZ from 2006. In other words, does BNZ mean I have a PD with a DPF?

Also, what of the consequences of filling the wrong oil, say VW 507.00 in an engine that needs VW 506.01?

Help really appreciated because it's doin' me 'ed-in!

Thanks,

Seanw

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
Hi,

Have been reading many threads on which oil to use. It seems that there are many (possibly conflicting) opinions.

Somehow I am a bit perplexed as to why I can't go on a VW web-site, type in some codes from the vehicle identity and get back all the information on parts I need to service the damn thing. It's like a conspiracy to withhold essential information through cryptography in codes. Don't generally believe in conspiracy, but now I formulate a theory, a measure of my frustration.

Anyway, frustration apart, can anyone tell me if I have a DPF because I think this could be the key to decide between VW 507.00 and VW 506.01 oil. The engine is a 2.5 BNZ from 2006. In other words, does BNZ mean I have a PD with a DPF?

Also, what of the consequences of filling the wrong oil, say VW 507.00 in an engine that needs VW 506.01?

Help really appreciated because it's doin' me 'ed-in!

Thanks,

Seanw
BNZ should have a DPF so requires 507.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You may have a sticker on the windscreen, or a note in the service book or handbook. But as above, the BNZ engines have a DPF so should be using an oil that meets VW 507.00 spec so it's low ash.

I use Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 in our 2007 Caravelle (174bhp 2.5 diesel), which meets the spec and conveniently is also what I use in my 2004 Subaru Outback (250bhp 3.0 petrol). There are cheaper oils around, but as I use it in both cars I've usually got some around...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts