VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
I thought I would share my build on our 1999 2.5TDI swb. So far we have got the rock 'n roll bed and cooker etc in and a rough plywood version of interior and yesterday we added our roof extension on after two weeks in france where we dedicded more space would be usefull. I'm thinking waste water tank under the floor next and fresh water inside so easier to clean. This would avoid making a mess when emptying the waste, anyone done underfloor waste tank? Anyway I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking, any hints and tips on beds and lining for high tops would be great.

High top came from horsvw on ebay and he's a top bloke very helpful and very good price!!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
good pictures and a good job, my high top has lining carpet on the hightop wich was stuck with adhesive.

water and waste tanks were attached to van using metal bracets, brackets were attached to the floor with rivets, getting the right size tanks and brackets are the key.

keep us posted of project, it looks really smart.T:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok its been along time since I have added any more photos, most of what I'm doing now is winterisation of the van i.e. adding a shed load of insulation and heating. I picked up a truma combined air and water heater cheap from a crashed Hymer motorhome.
To insulate the hightop I'm sticking 25mm Celotex panels up then I plan to carpet over it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Great work, love the job youve done with the insulation, looking forward to seeing it carpeted T:
Just had my high top fitted today, by same guy , HorsVW off ebay, top guy, top quality roof and great price too :cool:
How do you plan to "frame" the hole, any pics? I:
cheers A:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts