VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just thought I'd share my experiences with my 2.5 TDI 174 Caravelle EGR valve.

Over the past couple of weeks, I have experienced loss of power on a couple of occasions. After scanning with VCDS after the power loss, the following fault was recorded:

16683/P0299/000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation: Control Range Not Reached

This led me to search for this on the internet, which suggested that the EGR can cause this type of fault. I decided to remove the EGR valve to clean it out, as these seem to get pretty clogged up over time (The Caravelle has done 104K).

I have got to say, that I wasn't expecting what I found when I had removed the EGR valve............

The flap on the butterfly valve was completely stuck, and the actuating spindle had snapped off, meaning that the valve was closed all of the time. Looks like new EGR time!

I will upload some photos soon, and keep you informed of any more progress.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hmm, my 130ps 2.5 BNZ is on 107k and I am starting to consider my egr options. Not noticed any loss of power etc.

A remap at £250 with a dpf delete £500 odd.......maybe just an egr blank might be useful?

Will follow this thread methinks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi before u start with EGR have u checked the wires on the boost sensor in the air intake pipe under the header tank well known for wires breaking.

Cheers

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts