VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

had my ex aa van nearly a year now and it recently started blowing white smoke.

Does it after warm up and still doing it after pump set up properly. New cam, aux belt etc.. recently done at same time by garage as i didn't have time to sort it out myself.

Thinking it may be injectors but its just back in the garage to double check fuel timing is ok.

Have been searching for options to remedy it online.

So i'm after some advice on where to buy service parts such as nozzles, washers etc... Or someone who can balance and recon them?

What sort of price and i looking at to get someone to recon them as internet only seems to come up with full injectors at £200+ per injector...

Its a 2003 T4 102 ACV 2.5tdi.

Thanks.

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,204 Posts
Rake......on the forum...just read some of the threads/posts.

Hint to a newbie, READ before posting......then you'll be able to post in the correct thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair point about not reading properly but figured engine section would cover engine issues.

I've read most of the threads on injectors but didn't seem to see anything about where to buy other than Rake and the PP1/PP2.

Just after some information on the best places to buy spares? and maybe some help regarding engine issues.

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,204 Posts
dustdormand;6378537 I've read most of the threads on injectors but didn't seem to see anything about where to buy other than Rake and the PP1/PP2. [/QUOTE said:
Maybe because that's the only source other than OEM or scrapyards.

You can buy "new" Bosch injectors from various places...around £800 a set last time I looked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fair enough, figured their may be some smart fellow yorkshireman who would know best place to get them on here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The search on this forum is no good!

Yup its sh*te hence the question. typically smart ar%£e yorkshireman churps up.

Id say Rake is probably your best bet mate. Good luck T:
Thanks, Just messaged him so will see what happens.

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,204 Posts
Eh ? I don't think you're in receipt of the full facts Gaz I::ILU:

https://www.uniteddieselshop.co.uk/vw--25-lt-tdi-15-c.asp
Yeah...OK, GET OFFER YER HORSE AN' DRINK YER MILK!

Where does Rake get all his work done? Rasp:

Rake is a member here......the guy he works with at United Diesels is not (as far as I know.....)
Been in contact with both of them over previous problems I had (NOTHING to do with them in the end!)
Both very helpful......unlike a certain Ferrari driving mapper (OOOPs....rant mode on again!)

There is a limited source of reliable injectors for these old vans.....
The ones that "hold their hands up" and post on the forum get noted.....and take the praise and the cr*p at the same time.

OH....just looked at the website.....
Take this as you will:

"Having been in the motor trade for 4 generations, established in Shrewsbury since 1992"

As I read that, they have been "in the trade" since 1992.
4 generations...

So, in 26 years, there has been 1 child, produced another, then that child produced another...

OMG....not even the Red-Necks in USA breed 4 generations in 26 years!!!!

Gotta laugh at some of the things companies state on their websites.... R::jmpg:jmpg:jmpg

YEAH...I know I'm picking at words.....but companies should check "wot they writ". (Both for granmar and spells)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts