VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out and about in Telford yesterday and the back box has gone on the van . It couldn't have come at a worse time on the cashflow front to be honest :(.
The original plan was to go down the stainless route when it needed replacing. I've looked at an oem back box and its £110 from VW Heritage. The rest of the system don't look its best tbh. So at that price I may as well as well bite the bullet and go down the SS route.

Now which system??? I've looked at Cybox and PPtuning, looks like a side exit is the better option money wise, but I do like the rear exit single side oem-ish look.
Thoughts on side exit v rear and which supplier please.. I've done the search bit but still undecided as there isn't much discussion.
Cheers all..

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Hi , I had a full system from pptuning for my 2.4 , fitted really well and looked well made however it is very loud . I think if i were to buy another it would be the stock looking one from bluebird it seems to get good reviews on here .

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Cheers for that. I don't want loud. Loud should mean fast and my van isn't fast!!!! :D
We've just had a full system from PPT too and it's great. Full length, single exit twin round tail. It's no louder than the old system was after the back box fell off, which wasn't really noticeable anyway.

I believe side exits are noisier?

There's a bit of a wait (10 days?) but we ran several hundred miles minus the back box on the old system and all we noticed was that the van ran better.

·
Registered
504 Posts
We've just had a full system from PPT too and it's great. Full length, single exit twin round tail. It's no louder than the old system was after the back box fell off, which wasn't really noticeable anyway.

I believe side exits are noisier?

There's a bit of a wait (10 days?) but we ran several hundred miles minus the back box on the old system and all we noticed was that the van ran better.
Same as me, backbox fell off, ordered a pptuning exhaust, ran van for 5 weeks and went camping 3 times including busfest with no backbox . Mines a full length single exit twin round and its not loud but has a nice burble from it T:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine is held on with a bunjee atm. I may as well take it off as its just decorative. It's no noisier at all. Sounds better actually :D

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Think I'm going with the Proflow system. I've done some research and kind find anything but positive comments about their systems and service. Plus they build it on the van to your own spec for a better price than just having the "other" makes delivered... Plus plus, they are local to me :D:D. Be a few weeks though :(:(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Think I'm going with the Proflow system. I've done some research and kind find anything but positive comments about their systems and service. Plus they build it on the van to your own spec for a better price than just having the "other" makes delivered... Plus plus, they are local to me :D:D. Be a few weeks though :(:(
hi just put a bluebird oval on mine today as my old one got a small hole by the the cat where the bracket snapped off.i have the middle and back box still loads of life lelt in them and im in stafford....any use to you make me an offer.01785823158

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hi just put a bluebird oval on mine today as my old one got a small hole by the the cat where the bracket snapped off.i have the middle and back box still loads of life lelt in them and im in stafford....any use to you make me an offer.01785823158
Cheers for that T:T: I decided to get it sorted as the rest of the system has seen better days. It would only be a temporary fix and cost more in the long run.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts